Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op gaming. Suggestions?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

After playing a deathmatch version of Call of Duty recently with one other opponent using a crossover cable it was frustrating not to be able to play a co-op version of the storylined game (ie. the single player game). I was reminded of games that I've played over the years that were a great laugh in two player mode using a crossover cable. Anyone remember a game from years back where you played a wizard, overhead view, generally in underground caverns, and you summoned demons and imps etc to try to kill the other wizard? Not 'Rage of Mages' way before that. Played that game for hours.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good co-op games that let two people play through a campaign? Ideally a game like Call of Duty or something like SWAT 3. I played SWAT 3 years ago in co-op mode and it was 'ok' except for the AI being extremely retarded, causing your computer-controlled allies to all act like idiots and get shot one after the other in a row.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Serious Sam 1/2
    theres a mod for Call of Duty
    A mod for MOHAA
    A mod for Doom 3
    Doom original

Few more search the games forum been posted many times before , once by me got lots of replies :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

KdjaC wrote:
    Serious Sam 1/2
    theres a mod for Call of Duty
    A mod for MOHAA
    A mod for Doom 3
    Doom original

Few more search the games forum been posted many times before , once by me got lots of replies :)

kdjac

Thanks for the quick reply. There's a mod for COD that lets two players play the single player campaign? That sounds ideal. I'll have a look for it. Thanks.

Edit. Oh yeah....any ideas about the name of that wizard game? I think it might have been by microprose...or some similarly named company. Probably about 8-9 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any of the Rainbow 6 series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sven Co-op for half-life is a bit hit and miss. Some great levels though that are worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sven Co-op
    Serious Sam 1 and 2 (the daddies of co-op)
    Ghost Recon (under rated co-op imo)
    Doom 1 + 2

There the best I can think of off hand, but Im sure there other great ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Operation Flashpoint tbh. Great missions co-op, and when you run out just download maps online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try some roms as well. Any Double Dragon type game is great fun especially the simpsons one which is four player. And there's also Mario Kart 2-player co-op.

I strongly recommend the doom games in co-op. Get jdoom which soups up the graphics nicely. Unfortunately jdoom can be a bit of a b*tch when it comes to setting up multiplayer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

While we're on the subject i had problems getting the co op in serious sam working. I could only get one of the characters to move even though there was no like double binding of keys, i had seperate keys set out for each character but i could only get one to move. Can anyone think back and try to recollect how they got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

What consuls do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Halo, Halo 2, Perfect Dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

all the double dragon games on the nes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement