Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driver theory test.

Options
  • 15-11-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have to sit it. :/ So I got a book from Easons on the test...

but after looking at it rather then thinking it was mock exams it is in fact the whole question bank of the theory test.

How do they think people will learn the rules of the road if all you have to do is memorise the questions that will be asked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Seems pretty standard for the education system in Ireland anyway. :rolleyes:
    *has horrible flashbacks to leaving cert*... too... much... to..... memorise!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, it's a bit easy alright, but people do fail it, so there must be some merit.

I think it's purely there as a basic start measure. Although it doesn't nearly prepare you for the road, it makes you memorise some driving fundamentals before you can even set out.

I wonder how many fully licenced drivers would fail it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well, that book is just supposed to contain all the questions & answers, not teach you the rules of the road. That's why the rules of the road book sits beside it on the shelf in the bookshop. Come driving test day, you're supposed to have learned the entire set of rules.

Given that the theory test is so basic, it's actually easier to just learn the rules, rather than try to memorise a bunch of answers without understanding the rationale behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just passed it today. 40/40. Its really just common sense for most of the questions. The only ones you might need to learn are the stopping distances and maybe the hand signals. Other than that its pretty straightforward.

Best of luck hobbes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i done it wednesday there got 40 oura 40 , if you were ever in a car before , you`ll pass it no bother

• Advertisement
Advertisement