Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P(h)ub Crawl

Options
  • 15-11-2004 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

hey guys!!!!! im back!!!!! congrats to the guys!! now down to the news, how about having p(h)ub Crawl four? in celebration of the lisence????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

i like that idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

wahey that'd be such a good way to celebrate, everytime I've been up for a phub crawl I've either missed it or it's been cancelled so it'd be great to have a celebration piss up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I'm up for it.
    As long as howard the duck goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

yea i'd probably go if it ever happens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

From previous experience, a pub crawl in the winter isn't the best idea, due to rain, cold, darker evenings etc. Perhaps if someone booked a section in a pub it might make things easier to organise and also people wouldn't get lost and everyone would be in the one spot so finding the Phantom people wouldn't be as difficult as with a pub crawl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Amz,thats a good idea i didnt think about the weather!!! how bout we just stay in one pub the whole night? and think Whealans is a good choice cos phantom towers is so close by!!!!!

yay i live in whelans so i wont actually have to go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well the second Phantom p(H)ub crawl was on a miserable day in November and the biggest surviving memory I have of that night is my wet socks, shoes and trousers and how I had to dry them on a tiny little fan heater the following morning.

Whelan's is a good spot as most people would probably know where it is.

Is it possible to reserve sections of the pub there?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

you'd probably be able to book the venue at the back, wouldn't say you'd be able to book a nook. If you head early you'll get your pick of were to set up camp though.

this is true, if ye get there early enough you might get seats. or just say "chris said we could have these seats for the night" - aaaaalways works

• Advertisement

Ok,ive made a decision the p(h)ub crawl aint gonna be a crawl we'll just stay in one p(h)ub for the whole night and Whelans has to be the place its just common sense!!!! Anyone in? i'll set a date when i know who's gonna be coming.

i'm cool for it if its in the new year, i've way too much to be doing over christmas sadly. :confused:

it'll def be before christmas and new years.

I'll go if Howard the Duck does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, consider me there. Depending on the date....
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

you'd probably be able to book the venue at the back, wouldn't say you'd be able to book a nook.

It might be easier to "book" an area in the Village, esp. if it's a gig night - we don't
    want to have to pay in and then limit the talking to whenever there isn't anyone
    playing onstage!

Seeing as it's for Phantom, there should be no trouble with Whelans organising a
    night, however with the run up to the Yuletide, there may not be any free nights left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

seeing as Phantom are planning their own "do" in the Village on Dec 28th, one might think that this would be a convinient way to serve everyone's interest.
    although, i suppose there'll be the 10yoyoyo's in that night.

i won't be there anyway. so i'll just debate the whole thing with myself.

touché.

metalish wrote:
    it'll def be before christmas and new years.

ah well, hope you kids enjoy yourselves then :)

Well if everyone thinks the village on the night of the phantom party is good then I'll agree.
    At least you can get a seat in the village if its booked for Phantom.

Advertisement