Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navini Ripwave Diagnostics - Hidden feature

• 15-11-2004 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am sure this will be of interest to you folks

Just found this posted on a forum by ripwave users down- under.

When in the Connection Status Screen of Navini Diagnostics (4.1.0.4) press Control + Shift + F10 together. You then get three more tabs: Network Test, Trend Analysis and Statistics.

The Statistics screen is the most interesting, it displays:

. Estimated distance to BTS.
    . Antenna currently in use by Modem
    . Modem temperature.
    . Many other signal, noise, power figures

I am in work at the moment , maybe if someone is using their ripwave at the moment can test this ...what version do IBB provide on their install disk. ?
    (Will test this tonight !)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=104

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Tres Nifty - Will try it out this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Cool. I'm 10400 metres from the base station. That must be why my signal is so crap.

Those modems run hot at 47 degrees, don't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Nice one!

It says i'm 870m from the BTS!

The SW version I have is 4.1.3

Modem is 57c :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Turns out I am 5040meters away from Base Station 140..

So it must be RTE ....as I am on Pearse Street ...5km away :-)

That forum link that I posted above this morning has some great stuff on it ... Their ISP is called UNWIERD ....looks to be way bigger than IBB....lets hope IBB can provide better network signal quality in the future ...( more people sign up = more new base stations for our ripwaves ).

I any comms tech heads can use these new features to get good results please let the rest of us know ..

All the Best :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

How the hell can I be 10 km away from the base station?

My base station ID is 246. I'm at the Pearse Street station end of Pearse st.

Anybody know which base station 246 is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

bts id 246 is the three rock base station, and i'm surprised its only 10k from pearse street as its out in sandyford, but I guess it could be 10k as the crow flies, anyway ring ibb straight away and let them know that, and they'll change your settings for you.

Advertisement