Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deed of Transfer

Options
  • 15-11-2004 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here tell me how much the government fee is to Register the Deed of Transfer for a house? I'm trying to work a deal out with a solicitor, this is one of his charges and I want to know if this is the government charge or his charge to do it for me.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Likely its what the Land Registry charge, not your solicitor. His/her fee for registering should be included in the professional fee. Land Registry fees depend on the value...

http://www.landregistry.ie/index.asp?locID=23&docID=130

I'm assuming its a second hand house. If its a newly built house, the price for the site will usually be less than the entire purchase price (which will include building works). The Land Registry fee should be based on the value of the land only. If its a new Lease (say for an apartment) the fee is €85 only and includes a mortgage. If its a new freehold title (a house) there will also be a fee of €60 for the new folio.

I'm assuming its a Land Registry title - if its the older Registry of Deeds system, the fee is €44. If you have a mortgage that €88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Well the breakdown of the costs has a section titled Outlay costs, government charges paid on your behalf.
    Fee to register Deed of Transfer 500
    Fee for up to date copy folio 25
    then it has the usual searches and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't know for sure, but usually these things don't work out at nice even numbers like 500 and 25, especially after the conversion to euros.

A tactful way to move this forward might be to ask whether these are working estimates (prices might vary a little depending on what the title is like), or actual costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Application for registration for a transfer on sale where the value of the consideration is in excess of 255,000 euro but not in excess of 385,000 euro
    cost 500 euro

Copy folio: 25 euro

source
    http://www.oasis.gov.ie/housing/buying_a_house_or_flat/buying_a_home.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Thanks for the info, I used Oasis to check how much stamp duty I would pay but didn't think to look for this on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement