Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java game

Options
  • 15-11-2004 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

has anyone ever made any games with java? i was thinking of making some kind of simple java game for my third year project maybe,
    some kind of an rpg like zelda or something

was just womdering if anyone had done something like this before, wanted to know how hard it actually was

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No more difficult than making a game in any other language, I should assume. All you need is a working knowledge of the language (which I assume you have having reached third year), and an idea of how the game should be structured to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

magnia wrote:
    has anyone ever made any games with java? i was thinking of making some kind of simple java game for my third year project maybe,
    some kind of an rpg like zelda or something

was just womdering if anyone had done something like this before, wanted to know how hard it actually was

Your grossly over using the term simple there, a simple game would be space invaders where no AI as such is needed. Now a RPG is generally going to need a certain amount of AI to make it playable and that is where problems normally arise.

Java is IMO the best language to work with on this sort of thing, if it's a 2D game your aiming for then it should be easy enough to get a prototype running in a short space of time, especially if you've worked with Java before.

Is it not a bit late on in the year to be just "thinking" about your project?

Farlz

Advertisement