Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loudest phone with strongest vibration? aka phone for my 97 year old Grandad

• 15-11-2004 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a phone suitable for the elderly? I reckon it will need the following

Loud ringer (and I mean super LOUD)
    Strong vibration (should LOUD ringer not do the trick)
    Big buttons
    Large text screen

He currently has a 3210 but has trouble hearing it ring.

Any ideas?

Also it seams mad that the major phone companies are not catering for this market directly! the number of people who would like to give mobile phones to elderly relatives must be huge!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I always found the Panasonic phones to have very strong vibrating motor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

As jesus_thats_gre said, the Panasonic's are definitely worth a look if it's a good vibrating motor you're looking for. In fact, my last phone was a Panasonic GD87, and I found both the vibrating alert and the ringer quality to be fantastic. The ringer itself sounded really basey, and I must say that it was far superior to anything I have ever heard on a phone since. In the past I have had handsets from Ericsson, Siemens and Motorola, but I found the Panasonic to be the best from the alerting point of view.
    Hope this helps
    Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Great thanks for that!

I'll take a look at the Panasonics so!

WB

Advertisement