Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

relay mail errror?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this. I get an error from my hosted email account.

"This system is not configured to relay mail from you"

What does this mean? It was working fine last week. I've been having problems with my email with certain email address'es for a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

As far as I can tell, eircom have been having trouble with internal mail routing which has been affecting some customers mail collection from customers sending through their server. The relay problem you are describing sounds like either
    a: you have an esat broadband account and are trying to send out through mail2(or 1).eircom.net or similar
    b: your server has upgraded and now requires authentication or a receeve to be performed before a send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm not to hot on this kinda stuff. But I've been told by the host company to turn on authentication in the past and as this is a new problem would it becoming from the recieving email server?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Give us a few more details we might able to help, like:

a. the full error message
    b. your incoming and outgoing mail server settings
    c. what dialup service you are on and with what company

Advertisement