Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoying ftp servers

Options
  • 01-04-1999 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

fnaarr....all the decent mp3's seem to be on ftp servers as I can see from the Lycos search...but I try to save them to my HD and the Connection always times out no matter what server I go to. WS_FTP never seems to work either...I'm sure theres some huge convention behind this but I've no idea so could someone explain this to me before I go back to http://'s.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Is this from home you are trying?
    cos otherwise if its from a LAN or college there could be a firewall blocking access to ftp servers.. happens a lot unfortunaly

otherwise it should be grand unless your trying to access some ftp server stuck on this linux machine thats only ever turned on from 3 to 4 in the morning sited in north-east Angola with loadsa linkz full o' mp3z n' gamez smile.gif

Advertisement