Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music tastes :)

Options
  • 24-03-1999 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

the primals have doen nothing worth talkin about bar the excellent screamadelica smile.gif and the over played 'Get yer rocks off'

Bobbie Gelispie is a LOOOOOOSER smile.gif

Bjork is an ugly cow-who catterwalls smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah Screamadelica is the mellowest album of all time.. excellent stuff
    Vanishing Point is really good too..

Bjork rules tho!!!
    Unbelivable beats, brilliant voice, pretty strange lyrics granted smile.gif
    just cos shes ugly tho don't mean its crap music.. by that reckonin Brittnay Spears & Mariah Carey are both talented musicians in their own right hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

So what's everyone listening to RIGHT NOW? My Rio currently contains some tracks from Gran Turismo, Version 2 - and a few Tribes demos plus the Starcraft 1.05 patch. smile.gif

Anyone else?

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This week I am mostly listening to:

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker
    Underworld - Push Upstairs
    Add N To (X) - Metal Fingers In My Body
    Orbital - Style

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

even better whay music do you play games to

My tribe smusic of choice is Eagle Eye Cherry, gomez or catotonia (weird city for gamez I realise but...)

Thin Lizzy all the time(vaggabond comes from a lizzy album smile.gif)I have been a lizzy for a loooooooooooooong time smile.gif

gee-tar music really - metallica to hendirx with a bit of beatles and the doors throwen in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Well, as far as music is concerned, just call me "Mr. Diverse".

Whilst playing Tribes, I like nothing better than something by Tomski, Enya, Sash, Stardust, Enigma... sort of repetitive tuneful stuff which goes well with a nice fat mortar round.

But, I like anything with a tune - something a lot of 'bands' 'groups' and 'artists' seem to have forgotten how to do.

So this includes everything from the Corrs* to Beethoven, Brittany Spears to Meatloaf.

EXCEPT Catatonia. And The Beautiful South - they should both be put in a tumbledrier and left to spin. For eternity.

--Brit--

*My god - can you imagine if those three were our sisters? It doesn't bear thinking about... smile.gif

• Advertisement

Just to let u all know that
    the absolutely excellent Screamadelica is
    only 4 quid now in Virgin Liffey Valley.
    They only have about 23 copies left..
    i had to buy four for ppl smile.gif

man and i paid 5 quid for a copy on cd, damn.
    go get it now!

my music taste is better than everyone elses tongue.gif
    Primal Scream & Bjork are _the_ best
    yay
    everything else sucks
    q arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I listen to...

Radiohead
    Blur ( the new albums cool)
    Garbage (anyone at the concert?)
    The Counting Crows
    Bob Dylan
    U2

and this new beat combo from Liverpool, anyone heard of them, their called the "Beatles"

I think their gonna be BIG!

ELP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

at the moment im listening to fly away by lenny kravitz. but then again im listening to the radio smile.gif
    if ti werent for having my stereo stolen last month, id be listening to prokofiev 'romeo and juliet'. only if you like classical smile.gif
    metallica still take top spot with suicidal tendencies in the heavy sh1t stakes.
    funk is supplied by primus and faith no more.
    jimmy hendrix, bo didley, muddy waters blow my skirts up for blues
    in 'popular' music, brittany spears, mariah carey, eternal, all saints and the spice girls all rock my world, but only coz i want to f*ck every one of them stupid and back again (yes, even sporty spice. in fact, if she can put her feet behind her ears.. definately her!)
    white(ohh, i like opera as well. i am so cultured)wash

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmmmmmm...
    taste......

Right - for playing Quake I'm quite partial to some Chemical Brothers / Prodigy. I also love something with fairly lively guitar - Bush (on at the mo.) or the Suicidal Tendencies CD I "borrowed" from my cousin curlydav.gif

As for Real Life - well, my fave bands are The Manic Street Preachers and Radiohead. Add on top of that the obligitory bands like U2, Nirvana, Oasis (only their first album I stress), Blur and REM (anyone going to either of those two's concerts?).

I also have weird compulsions...Frank Sinatra, Joe Dolan (not with Dustin curlydav.gif ) and Chthon know's what else!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

right
    top 5 toones of the week...no order...
    Metallica - Imperial Death march (from star wars smile.gif
    KoRn - Balltongue
    Cannibal Corpse - Disposal of the Body
    Dimmu Borgir - Master Of Disharmony
    deftones - Headup

yes i know im wierd... tongue.gif
    anyhint heavy and rockin ill listen to...

kharn n wwman take joint top for decent taste..
    cloud 2nd, but only cos that stuff is wierd...
    rest of ya ill put up with cos some of it u can get stoned too and reaaallly mellow out smile.gif deadly ****... smile.gif

MOSHHHH!!
    Se-must get metallica ticket-P

[This message has been edited by SeP (edited 26-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

ye lad
    catch me on irc and ill give it to ya
    its only small :/
    but if u put it on loop for about a half hour its headmelting smile.gif

the cannibal corpse one is so ****ing evil! it has good riffs tho, for black metal! anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Helg

Lads,

Anyway for me to get onto IRC without installing mIRC - i.e. some webpage...

I can't risk installing it on this machine and I'm bored outa me tree.

Bri.

If you've got details of an IOL account, you can telnet to that server. The host name is craic.iol.ie and it'll ask you for your username and password. Follow the on-screen instructions then...

Otherwise... I think you can go onto Dalnet thru it's homepage (www.dalnet.com?), but IOL isn't connected, is it?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i was at that concert el_presidente, was fun

NIRVANA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

aye, Garbage was kwel.

Kharn, I'm going to both Blur and REM.

Gonna be two great concerts. Anyone go to Blur at the point last time? Song 2 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

sep, you got that metallica choon on mp3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

this week ive mostly been listening to(yes cheap fast show quote smile.gif

lyrnyrd skynrd or whatever u spell it smile.gif
    metallica de mastas as always
    aphex twin's classics
    (hed)pe's title album
    deftones headup
    and whats this here nirvanas in utero still hanging in ? smile.gif

ive also been learning on guitar solo from fade to black , parisienne walkways and freebird - MADSKILLZ !! smile.gif

pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

hmmm speaking of guitar solo's.....

That kinks you really got me going...
    solo in that and all his solo's sure are a difference and that is one to have fun with....
    ie play as fast as possible...

ps me can't play it

Aye - them solo's rock curlydav.gif

I can't play 'em either sad.gif

I must organise myself tickets for REM and Blur. Maybe we can organise a big meetup or sommat.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The Orbital concert was Mental!! smile.gif) It was soo good, I was right up in front for the whole thing. smile.gif Brilliant!!

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I get the label of Mr Diversity, I think...

Today so far I listened to:

U2
    Catatonia
    Megumi Hayashibara
    Event Horizon Soundtrack (Orbital/Mike Kamen)
    Robbie Williams [1]
    Castlevania Soundtrack

and selected bits and pieces from Sharon Apple, Priss And the Replicants, and Fire Bomber.

And that's just today...

BTW for Tribes, the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack is just The Business.

Mata ne!
    Rob

[1] I would never have admitted to being a Robbie fan before the concert at the point this year. That was fukkin _wild_. Now I don't care who knows, because he's just class...

I must agree - Robbie Williams Rocks! I kinda liked his stuff before Slane (well, I wouldn't turn it off if I heard it on the radio as I do with most stuff), but after Slane last year, he blew the place away! The guy is the best on-stage performer I've ever seen (even better than me curlydav.gif) and I don't mind telling anyone I'm a fan!
    Not bad considering I only went to Slane to see the Manic Street Preachers curlydav.gif (ya I know they sucked at Slane, but I was happy)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

The Manics are playing in Dublin in the summer. They rocked at the Opera House last year so it should be a great show.
    Pity they don't play anything from The Holy Bible anymore.

Karla

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

the best quake music has to be the smashing pumpkins and tails ofa scorched earth...
    and a few of the others form melon collie et al
    load fast and hell the play to...
    also a cool album with load of variety

MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

I listen to everything from Pitchshifter to Gomez to Strapping young Lad to the Doors n Bob Dylan(a bit)
    carmena berana is ****in class!! too
    and i quite like that push upstairs thingy from underwerld even though i h8 everything else they ever did
    that windowlicker song is fu(king realy weird i like it
    yet fu(k all that sh1te TOOL RULE!!

Karla - DETAILS!!!
    I'm there.
    Yer right - tis a bit of a bad buzz that we don't hear too much of The Holy Bible anymore - without doubt some of their best stuff and Richie at his finest!

Micr0 - I must agree curlydav.gif hard fast guitar / bass heavy dancy stuff offers the best type of jam along / rocket-jump to the beat kinda thang.

Kharn becomes bored with life

All the best,

Dav
    curlydav.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 07-04-99).]

Advertisement