Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 days till Pro Evo Online Day

Options
  • 15-11-2004 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Meh why call it friday, Soon we see how good we really are.

Have day off work anyone fancy playing from oh let methink (bring kids school, go straight to game , home by ) 9.25am i shall be playing.

No 56kers < lol love saying that :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kdjac - I read a review of Pro Evo 4 ( PC ) in a magazine the other day. In the + and - section one of the minus's was that it "didnt have online play" It said it could be played on LAN but with no league setup thingy...

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

LAN is cool. But online play was always for Xbox only.

And the release date is the 26th for Xbox, AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I heard that if you have a xbox that is modded in any way, the Online is switched off and you are banned from having an account with xbox.

just a warning for anybody trying this...

i will try and find the news about that....
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEppEElZZlNopGFgPb.php

here you are, happy reading ...or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's been put back a week and won't be until the 26th now. http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=XBOX&title=180526 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

cregser wrote:
    And the release date is the 26th for Xbox, AFAIK

I checked in Game in Tallaght over the weekend and the guy there said that it was definitely out on Friday.

Personally, I simply cannot wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

ah nuts, I was sure the PC release had online play. So its not the case that i can log onto a game server and challenge other folk to a game, this is what i had envisaged. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

BrookieD wrote:
    I heard that if you have a xbox that is modded in any way, the Online is switched off and you are banned from having an account with xbox.

just a warning for anybody trying this...

i will try and find the news about that....
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEppEElZZlNopGFgPb.php

here you are, happy reading ...or not....

Thats what xbconnect is for mate :D
    And of course its free.
    http://www.xbconnect.com/faq.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tusky wrote:
    Kdjac - I read a review of Pro Evo 4 ( PC ) in a magazine the other day. In the + and - section one of the minus's was that it "didnt have online play" It said it could be played on LAN but with no league setup thingy...

Konami insisting it will have league thingy for PC , saying this as of last week on Eurogamer (i think) anyway LAN is Net play just harder for gimps to set up.

I expected some sort of LAn and not netplay proper as its Konamis 1st online PC game so not expecting too much effort into once its LAnnable we be fine.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaC wrote:
    Konami insisting it will have league thingy for PC , saying this as of last week on Eurogamer (i think) anyway LAN is Net play just harder for gimps to set up.

I expected some sort of LAn and not netplay proper as its Konamis 1st online PC game so not expecting too much effort into once its LAnnable we be fine.

kdjac

Would that mean that there will be no cd key needed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It has been confirmed by Konami UK that they had problems with supplying the games but there was batches delivered to some companies and they can sell them on Friday making this week the official release date for the game. If anyone wants a hammering or 5 let me know, I'm Kensutz on XBOX live or else we'll see how the game connects using the PC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would buy it on the xbox but i still cant get my xbox live set up :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

what problems do u have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

For starters, I have eircom broadband, which may or may not make any difference. But my xbox isn't detecting a signal coming from the modem. At first, i thought it might be the post in my xbox, so i got my mates xbox that was only a month or 2 old but the same thing happened. Ive tried resetting the modem settings and various other little things like turning the modem off then on and so on. I put a post up on the xbox forum about this and one guy gave me a solution.......but it involved changing settings on the pc and xbox and im a bit reluctant to do it cos there was a lot of settings changed and i dont want to mess up my broadband. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

was playing a pre-release version of this the other night, my first ever non-fifa footie experience, can't wait to pick it up on friday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

mite buy it for the brother for christmas anybody know where i can get it cheap!!!

Advertisement