Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota to supply Jordan engines in 2005

• 15-11-2004 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Jordan Grand Prix has concluded an agreement with Toyota Motorsport GmbH for the supply of engines in the 2005 Formula One World Championship season.

Eddie Jordan said, "Toyota are to be commended. Not only have they been fantastic to Jordan by agreeing this deal at such short notice, but they have also done the magnanimous thing for the sport by putting Formula One above their own exclusivity. A supply of Toyota engines is an enormous boost for Jordan and I am very excited about putting together our 2005 package in the coming weeks and months. This announcement, along with others coming shortly, will revive the fortunes of Jordan Grand Prix and at the same time I hope we can help Toyota in the battle for World Championship honours."

The one-year deal enables Jordan to purchase 2005 specification Toyota RVX-05 engines at an affordable price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Great news in my opinion!

Toyota have one of the most powerfull enigines in F1 and they werent too unreliable either!good boost for Jordan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

So in effect Jordan are the Toyota B Team.... bring back them peugot engines I say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

A great engine but as Toyota themsesleves proved this year, a great engine is far from enough...

A great engine but as Toyota themsesleves proved this year, a great engine is far from enough...

True....but its better than Ford and is a step up in my opinion!If they can get the chassis in any way right we could be fighting for a lot more in the 2005 season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

It's so late though, what are the chances of a decent chassis being designed in such a short space of time with such little resources. However, with the cost cutting testing measures coming into effect for 9/10 next year and perhaps more tire improvements from Bridgestone, I might be proved wrong... which would be great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

it begs the question... what happens when jordan start beating the works team with customer engines? cos if its the same spec engine, jordan will beat them, toyota's chassis might as well be that of a jcb which is confusing given the massive amounts of money/expertise being poured into the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Nuttzz wrote:
    So in effect Jordan are the Toyota B Team.... bring back them peugot engines I say :)
    Hopefully they will start to show some imprvemnet in the same manner as Sauber, the "Ferrari B team", have! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Have one point on this.BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

That engine had lots of torque and the Jordan is always one of the most best built cars,like they were the first with the big fuel tank.Very good in the aero dep.

Remember when they had the Renault engine with Sch and Fish that was the fastest car because the areo-dynaics were so good.
    207 mph top speed if the memory serves.

By the way have you ever seen Eddies Daughter!!!!!!
    Nicer than the cars lets just say

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nukem wrote:
    That engine had lots of torque and the Jordan is always one of the most best built cars,like they were the first with the big fuel tank.Very good in the aero dep.

Remember when they had the Renault engine with Sch and Fish that was the fastest car because the areo-dynaics were so good.
    207 mph top speed if the memory serves.
    Aero these days is not so much about having clever people doing clever things, it's more about having 2 windtunnels running pretty much constantly and chipping away at tiny gains.

I presume you mean the Peugeot engine in the 97 car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Ya Peugot.Where the hell did i get renault from?

• Advertisement

it begs the question... what happens when jordan start beating the works team with customer engines? cos if its the same spec engine, jordan will beat them, toyota's chassis might as well be that of a jcb which is confusing given the massive amounts of money/expertise being poured into the team.

I wouldnt be so sure of that!....this season Toyota have Mike G(cant spell that) from Renault designing it so its gonna be a lot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

they had him for a lot of last season too. Gascoigne used to be jordans tech director too. He should improve the car quite a bit. Funny that it emerged eddie had the deal in his pocket even before the japanese gp! What a shrewd businessman, lol!

Advertisement