Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Silly Question

Options
  • 15-11-2004 2:43pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got me ear pierced in snakebite years back
    one of those rings with the little ball on it
    anyway..
    I've never taken it out
    in fact...
    I have no clue how to! :eek:

anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

You just need to get a good grip on the ball and pull it.

Yup. I have a cyclical piercing in my ear (one ring through two holes)
    You have to go to a piercers where they have a tool(I think its called an inverted pliers) that opens the ring so the ball drops out. Most will do it for free as well.

I am MAN wrote:
    You just need to get a good grip on the ball and pull it.

That purely depends on how small the ring is and how tight the hold on the ball is. I know mine is absolutely impossible to take out without going to a piercers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

damnit I thought I could just do it myself

I am MAN - pulling doesn't work, not without taking the ear too.. :D

thanks folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm in the same boat beruthiel, i took a pliers to it a few months back and ****ed myself up so i wouldnt advise it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Well obviously you support the ring aswell!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ferdi wrote:
    i'm in the same boat beruthiel, i took a pliers to it a few months back and ****ed myself up so i wouldnt advise it.

I can feel your pain from here! :eek:

ferdi wrote:

ow, oW, OW! That sounds so sore...
    Go to a Piercer's. The one near Jervis st has always taken mine out for free and replaced it for free too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Papa Smut wrote:
    ow, oW, OW! That sounds so sore...
    Go to a Piercer's. The one near Jervis st has always taken mine out for free and replaced it for free too!

That'd be the good people @ Celestial Ring..... excellent piercers!!!! Prefer Celestial Ring up in Stephen's Green as a preference, only cos Trina is an amazing piercer!!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

bedlam wrote:
    Um, no it wouldnt. Assuming it is one of the "3", it would be Snakebite, but I think there may be at least one beside Snakebite in that area.

Nearest to Jervis is Celestial, considering Snakebite is up on Middle Abbey Street..... but yes you're right there are a few.... mybad

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement

Aint snakebite. :) Its Celestial ring. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If you can expand the ring a bit then the ball will just pop out, they can be hard to do but it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

i think theres a new celestial ring there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

they are handy enough to get out once you do it a few times. Pliers help with the first few goes. It just takes practise. Pull the two sides of the ring apart with your forefingers and push the ball out with your thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Wrap a bandaid around the blades of a nail scissors to cushion the ring then slip it inside the ring and open the handles of the scisors to open it just enough to let the ball pop out. Easier still would be to buy a ring opening pliers off ebay because the scissors method isn't too effective once you get up to slightly thicker rings about the size of 2.4mm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15126&item=4941381751&rd=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

you just pop it out but be warned once out you might have to get it put back in by a shop person(i prefer kenny great bedside manor (",) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

once you get the ball out you can pull the ring apart a tiny bit. this will make it easier to put the ball in and out. just make sure its not too loose or you'll constantly lose the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt

church wrote:
    i think theres a new celestial ring there.
    yeah celestial ring have expanded it used to be skin graphics but that was sold and now its a piercing parlour as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Twist it rather than pull it apart and it should come out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh i tried to get my lip piercing out for a job interview there last week,i figured it was just turn the ball until the screw came off but its obviously not screwed in:)
    got the job anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i used 2 pliers to open the ring in my....:-)
    worked fine but was a bit difficult to put it back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The old Skin Grafix tattoo studio beside Jervis was taken over by Celestial Ring.

Advertisement