Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free the Devil

Options
  • 15-11-2004 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I've met Davey Devil on a few occasions. I don't believe him to be guilty of the crime for which he is being persecuted. I feel it's time to free the Devil. Vote now.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hmm I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed to see this happening. I don't think the punishment fit the crime at all. I'll get Jim Sheridan on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

"Davey Devil in nekkid boys on the Junior Cert forum shock3r!!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I meant to put a poll up here for yes/no free the devil vote, but I always mess up the polls and they never work first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

methinks DeV should intervene on the Devils behalf...

Free the Devil One!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Somehow I don't think having this thread here will make the slightest bit of difference. Maybe on the Moderator or Feedback forums.

But maybe secretly we want him to remain banned....

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I put a thread on the feedback forum in support of Davey..we should build a character reference for him

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

What did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I say we hold a charity Omaha event to raise funds to free the "Boards One" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Do the crime, do the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

may he burn in hell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Can he get Conjugal Visits.... :D if so lets get a lose woman to visit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Dub13 wrote:
    Can he get Conjugal Visits.... :D if so lets get a lose woman to visit him.
    or some young boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

This one seems fair at least, its funny how logic goes completely out the window when such topics are discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

to be honest i think its completely over the top.. a simple pm to davey with a warning that such comments are'nt acceptable would have been more appropriate imo

to be honest i think its completely over the top.. a simple pm to davey with a warning that such comments are'nt acceptable would have been more appropriate imo

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

This one seems fair at least, its funny how logic goes completely out the window when such topics are discussed.

sorry hector sounded like you agreed with the ban for a second

sorry hector sounded like you agreed with the ban for a second!

I thought the ban made sense, but that the punishment was unnecessarily punitive. Rather than the original banning, which just seemed odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He got banned for using an offensive comment in the "rep" system. I'm not taking sides, buy I'd like it to be known that because of the "no offensive words allowed" when giving rep, that Devil got banned, when he called the other user a "sick bastard" comment along with the neg rep. This one week ban is used on the user who used it, if the user who gets it complains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I read through the posts and it a ridicuolus banning. Looks to me as if those moderator dudes have something against Davey. Free the Devil!

• Advertisement

I had a look at the posts and all of the relevant previous posts, Ive never really ventured beyond the poker section, I never realised how big boards is, theres a whole crazy boards culture going on. A guy in work saw me on boards and started going on about cards, amp in a dress and all sorts of other stuff. Its a strange world we live in.....

Advertisement