Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - Im getting Chocolate Cravings

• 15-11-2004 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Is eating chocolate really that bad for you. Im on a 7 day detox and i really miss my tea & chocolate. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Is eating chocolate really that bad for you. Im on a 7 day detox and i really miss my tea & chocolate. :(
    Not bad for you at all... in fact if you get really dark chocolate (with more cocoa than sugar or something along those lines) its actually quite good for you.

...tastes like muck though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

How can chocolate be bad for you when there's so much milk in it???? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

rebel72 wrote:
    How can chocolate be bad for you when there's so much milk in it???? :D

depends how fat the milk is.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The sugar in the chocolate is very bad for you, the cocoa is grand (The list of health effects goes on and on). Why can't you drink tea on your detox btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

Stark wrote:
    The sugar in the chocolate is very bad for you, the cocoa is grand (The list of health effects goes on and on). Why can't you drink tea on your detox btw?

well it does say i can have herbal tea, i cant have milk or anything, but its not the same. Can you still lose weight and have a few bars of chocolate here and there......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Depends on what you mean by here and there, and how much chocolate. A normal bar, every once in a while.... yeah. Every coupla hours? No.

Eat healthy, exercise, stick with it. Try it for 2 weeks. Don't cheat. Give yourself a bar as a treat if you lose weight during those 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I just had a huuuuuuuuggggggeeee bar of terrys chocolate orange. mmmmm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If it wasn't good for you it wouldn't taste so good, it's evolution. Our sense of taste has developed so that we automatically eat more of the things we need, they taste good so we eat more. Conversly things like human excrement is not good for you to eat and hence it tastes like s**t. So unless you're a creationist, you should really be eating all the chocolate you can get your hands on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Conversly things like human excrement is not good for you to eat and hence it tastes like s**t.
    I blame the government....

Anyway when my mother was trying to lose weight she ate Bourneville chocolate (which is higher in cocoa and is therefor better for you) instead of normal chocolate.

Also i can't help thinking of the Simpsons....

Dia-Betty: I'm tryin' to slim down so I can fit into Momma's coffin...
    ...Leans over and bites chocolate cake...
    Dia-Betty: That's my Ree-Ward.

Advertisement