Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network

• 15-11-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a laptop which the wireless works fine in main building of the smurfit college. But when i go home to the residence (proby house) which has its own wireless network the laptop fails to work. It says i have full signal but when i try to connect to the internet or any network resource it suddenly loses signal. The signal comes back after a few seconds and drops again when i try to reconnect. Everybody else can connect fine on both locations.

Any ideas???

Could it be different network types ???

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its because you touch yourself at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

helpful.

I've used the wireless in proby no problem. Without registering my machine or anything. Are any of your flatmates having that difficulty? ILTG might be able to answer your Q in the locker room just off copi-print

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

I was briefly talking to them a few weeks ago with no luck, I have tried releasing my IP setting and renew while out in the residence and that worked fine (which means it can access the server) but the second I try to connect to the net the signal dies.

has anyone else in your apt been having difficulties? is it one of the programme dells or your own machine?

Nobody else in the apartment or building has had a problem so far. It is a dell notebook but not one of the smurfit package deals. It contain a CNET wireless card which is complaint with 802.11b & 802.11g

• Advertisement

best thing to do is to go into ILTG again and demand satisfaction. Its obviously a prob with your laptop rather than anything else. Check the computers forum for help if they don't satisfy :)

thanks

I'll get on to them asap, its proabably something very simple that they didnt spot last time they looked at it.

It just annoying at the moment on the approach to xmas exams etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Why won't the Computing "Services" allow us to use NovellClient / NAL through the wireless network even though we're allowed have it (as I do) on the wired network?

Advertisement