Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to buy a 3G mobile

Options
  • 15-11-2004 6:30pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Just a quick poll to see if you are buying a new 3G phone if so what one

What 3G Mobile you buying... 11 votes

Sharp V902
    0% 0 votes
    Motorola V980
    9% 1 vote
    Nokia 6630
    18% 2 votes
    Sony Ericsson V800
    45% 5 votes
    None yet...
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No, not for a while. Give the networks time to sort themselves out.

And looking at the current shower we have here, that could take until the release of 4G...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

yes i'm going to get a 3g phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

TCP/IP wrote:
    Just a quick poll to see if you are buying a new 3G phone if so what one

Good idea for a thread, but like doodle_sketch, I might just wait a month to see the networks sort themselves out.

But I have a 3G phone anyway... The Nec v616e ... I just need to get unlocked... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I will buy a 3G phone but not until all the networks are up and running.
    Vodafone is the only network that will be operational before christmas. When the others are up and running then the competition will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

I look forward to getting a hold of a 3G handset to play with, especially around the area of using it for remote access.

I trialled one such handset with Vodafone, sitting in a car having near-broadband (bracing for flames) speed was fantastic, even using a VPN client into a corporate was very impressive.

Laptop/PDA cards are all well and good, but a bit of a pain since you have to have an additional SIM, tried a samsung which connected via USB and even charged off the laptop, nice...

As an aside, Cant wait for the first publicly recorded sighting of someone wandering around town with the phone two feet in front of them on a video call.....that and the time it takes for them to be mugged for being a showoff :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement