Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock is really dying ...... **** that

Options
  • 10-05-1999 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

One thing ive noticed from reading this board is that everyone is talking about pop or techno stuff and the like and no on is talking about proper ROCK

i mean it really sad to think that rock is dying but it has to be faced and dealt with.
    Kurt Cobain said himself that rock was dying and that nirvana was just a way for him to give something back to grunge
    Marilyn Mansen is the self proclaimed saviour of rock the new image change in mechanical animals revolves around that fact.

i'm not taking away from any of the other styles of music . i dont like them but they have there own merits. i rather listen to Korn of the deftones then anyone else.

i know pox and sep represent hard and alter rock on pox fm and fair ****'s to them it's just a bummer to know rock is dying/dead.

KEEP IT ALIVE

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

well radiohead say
    "oh no,
    pop is dead,
    long live pop"
    what more can u say?
    well MM are weirdo's plain and simple...
    a couple of good songs beautiful people for one
    but basically they are just a hype band.
    they exist only because papers and the news in general say the MM are the work on the devil and satan and satans friends..
    but its all just hype
    the last album was only ever talked about in the press for the picture of the androginus Marilon on the front...

/me is finished ranting about the woes of MM

but good "rock" still exists..
    just depends what u want
    SP are still not POP in the true sence and there are plenty of others..

just make sure that u keep all u're old Dylan and Young cd's... all the tracks are sure to be covered in a few months smile.gif

MiCr0

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have been and always will be a solid rock fan. I do like other types of music - depenting on mood and what I'm doing etc. I love the really heavy Industrial Dance / Metal crossed stuff for playing Quake - the SPAWN Soundtrack is a perfect example, but I love to sit back to more "mellow out" stuff after a rough day at the office (the thought curlydav.gif) such as Adore by the Pumpkins - it's mellow enough for me!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BiZKiT

Well at least there's two with me smile.gif

i dont however agree with MM being a product of the medis. He became what he is and how he is because thats what he belives in the media just focus in on that. It didnt make him what he is today his music did that but i guess it helped

KEEP IT ALIVE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can see it now...

An Arab - sorry, Indian ( curlydav.gif) appeared to me in a dream and brought me to see Joe Dolan. Joe told me to host a festival...

KHARNSTOCK!!!

We'll have it in his pub in Mullingar and invite all the greats...

It'll be a festival to try and remember!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

the best music to play quake to
    is anything by nine inch nails or tails of a scorched earth
    by SP
    both really rock smile.gif

MiCr0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

gave up tryin to figure out....

nin are ok.
    broken is a cool ep.
    downward spiral has its moment.
    what do you mean by rock?
    lenny kravits?
    guns n roses?
    rolling stones?

there are far too many catagories.

i'll stick with listening to metallica and classical and suicidal tendencies and blur and primus and steve forbert and the corrs and smashing pumpkins and radiohead and spice girls and all ythe other crap i have.

anyone have mp3 of day i tried to live by soundgarden by the way smile.gif

rock isnt dead, just different types of rock have become more popular over the last 10 years. remember when iron maiden were the bees knees? there still there. i remember when suicidal tendencies were nobodys and then became a cult band and a huge underground success. they have at least 3 classic albums. how many bands can say that? metallica can.. who else of that genre? not many. pantera maybe. then they faded into the background as people started listening to pumpkins, gns n roses and they became popular mainstream rock music.

anyway, floyd rule smile.gif
    and anyone that disagrees with me is gonna get their *****kicked!

welcome to the machine

Contestants...
    are you ready?

lets.....GET IT ON

CELBRITYYYYYY DEEEEEATHMAAAATCH!!!

its just like "pop" music
    thats ne thing thats "pop"ular
    just like marylon manson
    smile.gif
    ne one looking for mp3's should get
    hotline
    www.hotlinesw.com
    best place for them
    find a site called chris's place
    it rocks and good d/l's
    loads of movies and mp3 and some apps
    best of all u can do fragmented d/ls