Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essays for Art History.

Options
  • 15-11-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Found it really hard to get decent notes last year, so thought some of ye young 'uns could benefit with my old Art stuff, :) I avn't got everything anymore but my essays always got at least a B2! Pm me, and i'll see what I can do for ye! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

doh, put this here twice - anyone know how to remove it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 theomnipotenet1

do u got anything about the difference between gothic and romanesque architechture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

The only thing I know about that is in Romenesque archtechture the windows have rounded tops, whereas in gothic architechture the windows all come to a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

well i did art in my LC a few years ago and i got a fairly decent mark, I'd a brilliant teacher who was fantastic at the whole practical side of things but when it came to the history bit...lets say we looked at "pretty pictures"...NCAD really needs to improve on the ol' hist of art part of the teaching degree.

ANYWAY-

point is, if you'r looking for stuff on art history, your best bet is to try some of the (1) geocities sites, you'll find the odd essay there, (2) try and scab institute notes off a wealthy friend or if you're lucky enuf do a crash course round xmas or spring-but in saying that it is a bit of your course, so dont choose that over (H)maths or something.

(3)there was a fairly decent less stress more..book a while ago that you might be able to find or (4) if you know someone in first yr in college whos doing the course or an arts related course get them to get some books out of their library, or go onto the college system and track down some basic lect notes...that might be a lil over enthusiastic..

or (5)what i used to find v helpful-and here the nerd comes out, the national gallery used to have talks on every now and again-they used to have a series of talks on saturday mornings, and another series on thursday afternoons...as does the douglas hyde gallery in tcd..go take the odd notes, get the outline of an essay, and also get an idea of what its like to be in a lecture as prep for uni or what not....dear god i was a nerd...was....? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

You should pick up a book called ''Less Stress Makes More Success'' for Art History. It pretty much covers all the aspects of the course and the summaries are usually in essay format and are relatively easy to comprehend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement