Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help promote Tru Calling

• 15-11-2004 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Help promote Tru Calling, theres still hope of a second season depending on the fans. the show needs more exposure. Help by joining The Official Tru Calling Team free. heres the link

http://www.m80teams.com/?Qzo4OTM6NDEyMzMx

web_banner.gif

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dear jesus no.
    let it die, let it die a slow painful death. god damn awful show, the only reason to watch it was the tops she wore and all the bouncing she did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tru Calling is practically dead in the water!
    Fox’s “Tru Calling” was cancelled before the first episode of its second season aired.

It's fairly conclusive that Fox aren't gonna continue showing it but a rumour's circulating that they may release a one-off finale on DVD.

Thought the show was muck myself! Seemed a bit too much like 'Early Edition' for my liking..! 'Early Edition'.... now, that was good show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, it's not really any good, so sorry, no help from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure TV3 will be showing something almost exactly the same in the near future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Brutal show to be honest.
    The girl was hot but that was about it, paint drying would be a more rewarding
    experience than watching that drivel !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 manmusic

terrible show, couldnt watch it. Faith is a good looking bird though. Loved her in True Lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

manmusic wrote:
    terrible show, couldnt watch it. Faith is a good looking bird though. Loved her in True Lies

Agree totally, absolute garbage. Eliza has gone downhill since I saw her in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Ok im gonna go against the grain here and say i dont think its bad!Made good by yer one innit! :eek:

Have i said too much?

I'll get me coat!

Taxi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I could only handle one sesion of that show. Saying that I watched practically the entire thing.

Once was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought this was going to be good so I sat down and watched a whole episode of it, I think it was the first one. Anyway, it wasn't good and I didn't watch it again. I've seen a few bits in passing of the other episodes but wouldn't be bothered watching.

I think it should be left alone to finish up in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Eliza Dushku is a goddess. I would gladly eat the gravel that she treads upon. I never liked Tru Calling however and I'm sorry but it's no great loss. Faith the Vampire Slayer is now a possibility, which would apparently feature Eliza riding around on a motorbike in leather. This would be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Eliza Dushku is a goddess. I would gladly eat the gravel that she treads upon. I never liked Tru Calling however and I'm sorry but it's no great loss. Faith the Vampire Slayer is now a possibility, which would apparently feature Eliza riding around on a motorbike in leather. This would be a good thing.

Would be even better without the leather .....

Oi trigger is there room in that taxi for one more ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

IrishMike wrote:

Oi trigger is there room in that taxi for one more ? :D
    That just sounded like you were coming on to (not literally) trigger?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Yeah and judging by your name on here it looks like i should be shouting at the driver telling him to floor it "NOW NOW NOW" :eek: hehe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Not a horrible show, and frustratingly, it was just getting watchable when it got cancelled. And, what's more, it did sometimes have rather nifty moments, even if Tru acted a bit more like Faith than she should have on occasion (Eg. ranting at Jason Priestley, kicking a gun out of the guys hand) But the most annoying thing by far is that every time the show tried to go in an interesting direction, like Tru's sister being a junkie, or the early very-David-Lynch photography, the network stepped in and had it phased out.

The deal is this - six episodes are in production, but will not be broadcast in the near future. Fox was obliged to make a minumum of six after agreeing to a second season previously. They will most likely be released on DVD, Firefly style. According to all involved, the show is quite dead, and I honestly don't think it's strong enough to come back.

I liked the show. 'Twas watchable enough, and was improving as some of the former Buffy writers' crew hopped on board, but most of the time it was just far too pedestrian for Eliza Dushku, who's never given less than 100% to anything. Usually all it asked of her was to look slightly puzzled and then jiggle her way across town to save the day. Anbody who's ever seen any of the Faithisodes in Buffy or Angel knows that far from being just eye-candy, Dushku is a tremendous actress, and this show was, frankly, a waste.

I sort of liked TC, but I'm glad she has a chance to do other stuff. I just hope she gets a role worthy of her formidable talent. Joss Whedon has expressed interest in a F:VS series (I believe he used the term "salivating") I'm trying to be a realist though. I'd dearly love to see something Faith related, but that's not necessarily what she wants to do right now. Faith can't be an easy character to play, and she's suggested she's just not angry enough anymore. If she doesn't, fair enough, but then the moment will be gone, and Tru will have killed Faith too.
    IrishMike wrote:

:D Hate to disappoint, but Dushku is technically a Mormon and has made it quite clear she never intends to go nude. ("You'd have a better chance of seeing God") Apparently, it caused no end of discomfort when her family first saw her in Buffy...

Advertisement