Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What company car to choose

Options
  • 15-11-2004 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Ok I m currently driving a 02 Vectra 1.8i im due for a change in the new year, and i'll have to get a diesel which i dont mind about, my question is what company car would you choose?

2.0 HDI 407
    2.0 D4D Avenies
    1.9 130 BHP Passat
    2.0 Mondeo

which would you chooise 24 votes

407 2.0 HDI
    0%
    Passat 130 BHP
    37%
    BorzoiDukeDreddtechkdevitttrotter_incglynfInterceptorimpr0vsmidgy 9 votes
    Avenies d4d
    29%
    LuciferLawdieleonlafritedcGTPeacescargillposiedon 7 votes
    Mondeo TDCI
    33%
    ScabbyLegpuntosportingStandard ToasterThe Muppetl337jayokx.x.xfred funk }{ 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I would go for the 407. It's the newest design and is the smoothest riding and most comfortable of the 4 cars mentioned - important if you do big mileage. In terms of handling it is probably worse than the Mondeo but better than the Avensis and especially the Passat.

It has a nicer, brighter interior than the others. It has a 5 star crash safety rating (so does the Avensis, Mondeo and Passat are 4 star) The driving position in the 407 is almost like an MPV though - the windscreen is huge and very far away from the driver and you can't see much/any of the bonnet and there's a big front overhang.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

None of those. Get the Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD (140bhp). Company car is the PERFECT opportunity to drive a new Alfa. All the benefits, none of the risks or depreciation

The 16V JTD is easily the best diesel engine in its class

Edit: It also has a higher maximum speed, is quicker 0-62mph and has more BHP than all four above

If you choose the Toyota as a company car, you should get a permanent ban in this forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

The Focus 1.8 TDCI 115 has got great reviews. I'm actually looking for one myself at the mo but their very rare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Avenies d4d
    Passat 1.9 130bhp.

Better mileage, better fuel price, same road tax probably better insurance.
    <I just noticed is a copmany car so none of that really applies>

Plus the performance on a 130bhp TDi, honestly you probably won't even notice you're not driving a petrol.

All things considered, i thin the passat looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

ando wrote:
    The Focus 1.8 TDCI 115 has got great reviews. I'm actually looking for one myself at the mo but their very rare

Rare in the south alright but the north is full of them! Very good car, my sister is considering a new one at the moment.

I'd go for either the 407 or the passat out of that list, its a bit of a boring list tho :(

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Passat 130 BHP
    unkel wrote:
    If you choose the Toyota as a company car, you should get a permanent ban in this forum :p
    Its a good job we are all open-minded adults when it comes to choosing cars...Tayto make great cars and some of them even look nice. Actually, none of them look nice, but hey.

I voted for the 407 for most of the reasons BrianD3 mentions, it is the most comfortable long-distance cruiser I have ever driven. Any reason why the Laguna is missing from the list - I'd put that in second place after the 407?

As for the 156, the recent facelift did nothing to change the fact that it is getting long in the tooth, the JTD is a good engine and no doubt but the 156 is a jaded package and needs to be put to pasture.

Has anyone driven the Accord diesel yet - I haven't even seen one, much less blagged a drive in it?

'c

Advertisement