Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What direction should this board take?

Options
  • 15-11-2004 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭

What direction should this board take?

While obstensibly an education board, there are occassionally "Collars up?" type threads that, while not "bad", are sometimes perhaps a little too far off topic and belong in After Hours or elsewhere. Then theres the 14/f/Dublin type threads, which well, don't really belong on the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say threads which are related to the Junior Cert course, exam taking, general junior cert related things as opposed to things related to people doing the JC.
    However, since it's only November things aren't looking too hot in the old exam related threads department, so maybe it's a good thing there are some threads if only to keep this place alive and noticeable...

Having said that, it would be quite physically paining to see this place degrade into an "ASL? OMG TEH TEENZ" type thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

*sniggles*

Yes, this forum should be more active around the mocks and of course, 'TEH JC'. It should really just be JC related threads. I think it needs a mod, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

NNE

Seriously though, This board should remain with threads related to the JC. That's one place where having a mod in this forum might be a tad useful, if just to keep the place OT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Im not hunting for mod status before somebody comes and decides to tell me i am, but an auld mod would be handy to keep the place spic and span and to keep people from posting non relevant stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

MOD-WHORE!

Do you have any idea how unlikely you are to be made a mod? Firstly you have spammed this forum, Secondly, you registered in Feb 04, and thirdly you asked once (I think). So you don't even need to add the Disclaimer

But you are right, maybe one of the mods who lurks here should get power, just to keep the place in line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

We have our new mod now so all should be well

All hail king Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*haisl victor for the sake of it, and for sharing my birthday*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Think all topics should just be JC and Jc relatted only. Everything else to the relevant fourms(or recycle bin)

Advertisement