Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines

Options
  • 16-11-2004 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Well, this is the source engine in an rpg then. My expectations weren't hugely high from previews. It seemed the most exciting aspect of the game was that it would be the first non-valve game to use the new Source Engine. The good news - on my computer (2800+, 1gig RAM, 9700 pro) full details, 1024x768 resolution, get a FPS of 50+. Having said that the game doesn't seem as polished as I would have wanted. Some of teh textures are decidedly low-res. For instance smooth well defined realistic faces, but from the neck down it gets blocky and noticeably low-res. Anyway from the small play I have had so far the storyline seems very good (if a little intrusive) with a lot of potential.

Will report back when I play more.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Well, this is the source engine in an rpg then. My expectations weren't hugely high from previews. It seemed the most exciting aspect of the game was that it would be the first non-valve game to use the new Source Engine. The good news - on my computer (2800+, 1gig RAM, 9700 pro) full details, 1024x768 resolution, get a FPS of 50+. Having said that the game doesn't seem as polished as I would have wanted. Some of teh textures are decidedly low-res. For instance smooth well defined realistic faces, but from the neck down it gets blocky and noticeably low-res. Anyway from the small play I have had so far the storyline seems very good (if a little intrusive) with a lot of potential.

filthy warez monkey...I'll give you a peanut for the game on a few cds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Here is a review or two....not really sure how reputable these sites are but it got good scores...

http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/293.html

http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_1037/nl/reviewDisp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

It sounds excellent as far as i'm concerned. http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=447333
    I'm actually looking more foward to playing a good RPG after gorging on FPSs lately with Doom 3 & Halo 2.
    Its out here on Friday right? Anybody know anyplace doing it cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Bastardo!!! I want that game as much as I want HL2 and I have to wait till Saturday to get HL"!!!..... Bah... no fair mutter mutter.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Ah can't wait to play this. I know it's only the engine that comes from Valve but still, does anyone know if internet connection is required to authenticate Bloodlines? If so I may cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nope, no steam, so no internet activation. It doesn't look as good as HL2 but it's still very purdy. Good game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Just finished it. Even with the 1.2 patch it was still buggy, and the ending seemed unsatifactory. But overall I did enjoy the game with its clever dialogue and challenging character development. Pity about Troika closing down as I would have looked foward to the next in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its a buggy mess of a game the first few hours are classic the rest is quite adverage i got to the last hour or so of the game when i found out i couldnt get through a door (a ****ing door!) so just gave up dont expect any more patchs either seeming the devs have gone out of busness due to them sucking ass more than likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I got this a while back, and tbh... I was quite pleasantly suprised! Wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a really enjoyable game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Had the game quite a while, and I like it alot! :D It's engaging, and runs surprisingly smoothly. The patch is essential, even though it still remains somewhta buggy. But, at the end of the day it was made for enjoyment purposes, and in my mind it fulfils that 100%. Top game tbfh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I too am enjoying the game. I have it a few weeks now, got it for £7.99 from Play.com

The most annoying bug is that the movement keys sometimes get stuck, and you keep running when you want to perfor another action. It's not too bad when out exploring, but really annoying when in battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i loved this game, buggy as hell.
    but still worth the play, the ending is great, leagues better than HL2's ending (plus overall the story is better

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Yup was a great game. Really good storyline and stayed quite true to the pen and paper version of the RPG which was nice to see. Would have being a classic if it wasn't for all the bugs.

Advertisement