Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an interesting tool

Options
  • 16-11-2004 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

finally someone has made a really useful and versitile tool.

the hendon mob web page has finally come up with a mutli game odds calculator. Anybody who is really interested in becoming a good omaha, 7 card stud and hi-lo split player (especially tournament players) should spend a bit of time working out what they always believed to be true.

eg i found out that AAKK double suited is only a 60 40 fav over 6789 preflop.

i would have guessed about that but it's well worth a few minutes of your time.

i really feel that with the emergence of more PLO tourneys ( and i believe they're starting dealers choice soon in the merrion) this tool will come in very handy.

just wanted to let you guys know....

jerome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Spooky.....

That was the first hand I tried it with........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I seems pretty good. I like the way you can throw up random cards/flops etc.

BTW, does anybody use the calculator at this website:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jraevaar/pokercalculator/index.php

It's fairly similar to the Mob calculator, but it has a feature where you can specify a hand against a range of hands, which is very handy. I've used this for a while now and find it to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

There's a competition atm on the Hendon Mob website to win a bottle of Champagne. 1v1 Holdem find a hand with lower than 5.5% EV pre-flop. Lowest I can get is 5.91% with As Ad Vs Ac 9d. Can anyone do any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Try Kd instead of 9d.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Nope, then it rises to 6.52%.

The answer is:

***Spoiler***
    Kd Kc Vs Kh 2d.
    ***End Spoiler***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Way to use them spoilers ken! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

They sneakily asked of EV% instead of win%. Had me stumped for a while. Most of these calculators ignore split pot results. For example A2 vs A3 is quoted as 47.07/52.92 but most of the time these hands will result in a split pot!

Advertisement