Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

digibox with a recorder

• 16-11-2004 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I can get a satellite receiver which will allow me to record programs without having to sign up to SKY?
    (at present I am using a PACE digibox and receive the BBC, the main news channels and all the radio stations but I may have to replace the box and wonder if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a combined video recorder/satellite reeceiver)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, it is indeed possible. Satellite PVR Receivers have been about before Sky+ variant.

Many manufacturers make them, including the Topfield TF5500PVR, Dreambox DM7000, etc. Some of these can be very expensive though. The Topfield is in the region of €700! There are probably cheaper ones though.

To start you off, try www.hm-sat.de

Advertisement