Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obligatory CS Thread :/

• 09-11-2004 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Run a decent CS tournament with entered teams.. there's big money in it for you:)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is CS still around? Blimey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Robbo, shut up, of course it is. Entered teams, but sure who plays competitively in Galway besides Caliden, Anima and u drake? Galway merc team wouldn't be good either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

cs......how about go to yer wexford thing and leave galway out of it?

The q3 tourni stole the show at the last one as nearly everyone wanted to play. The cs was just another "who'll win, anima or drake's team" but with the addition of sniipe and caliden (I know ye've been around for ages now but havent the last 5 or so tourni's been won by either anima or drake's team?)

Fair enough, I've won 2 qw's and 1 q3, but SiN can beat me in both (or so he would have me believe ;) ), and everyone seems to enjoy playing them alot more with at least one attendee vowing to "get better and kill you next time quetzal!" at each LAN...

my 5 cents, fallen out of my pocket :(
    que

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What lan did you go to?

There was at least 10 people who came with the intention of playing in the CS tournament and this lan probably had the most even teams in a while. I'm fairly sure Snipe's team would of won even if they didn't have Drake because they had the most experienced players that weren't Caliden, Drake or myself, which shows that most people are getting better the more the lans they go to, which is good :).

In fairness Dave, you were the only person who came specifically for the quake tournament. Everyone else was like, "Yeah I'll make up the numbers", with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 others (including myself) who actually wanted to play and tbh I would have prefered 1v1. I had a few good games of insta-gib so I was happy enough with Q3 at the lan.

You make good points about the cs, but the facts stay the same....in the last 5 LAN's (gl7-11), has any cs team without you or alan on it the tourni?

Aye I wanted it 1on1s too but Syxpak (and I think nadir) has been itching for a 2on2 tourni for ages, even though the qw version kinda flopped.

Next time I vote for 1on1's OSP, maybe stick to pro-q3dm6 for sheer newbie playability...maybe shorter games only best of three rounds for each match (say 7 mins a round?), knockout of course.

For cs.....de_dust2 is one map everyone knows well (even me) but ye seem to like changing it near the finals which doesn't really make sense to me (and might be one of the reasons you or alan always win - ye have more experience on the less popular maps than us newbies).....bleh

que

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

de_dust2 is boring. Thats why.

Quake3 has to be 1v1. Otherwise the good player who gets stuck with the lesser skilled player has to carry the whole team, while constantly losing frags when his lame team mate is killed :/

"Oh well, I don't like to brag.. but I seem to win Quake ALL THE TIME because I'm the best.. HoHo"

Get off your high horse about the Quake, you come across as a condescending prick.
    While I might appear as a know-it-all-cs'er I don't repeatedly recount how I've won tournaments loads and loads, despite SiN CLEARLY being better than me. Good god give it a rest.
    maybe stick to pro-q3dm6 for sheer newbie playability...

Thats what de_dust2 is to people who actually play cs. Its boring, boring and ****. We play it to keep the newbies happy. But when they inevitably rush up middle with tmps on the 2nd round after losing pistols and being told not to buy, I have to question having even participated in the tournament in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Anima wrote:
    What lan did you go to?

There was at least 10 people who came with the intention of playing in the CS tournament and this lan probably had the most even teams in a while. I'm fairly sure Snipe's team would of won even if they didn't have Drake because they had the most experienced players that weren't Caliden, Drake or myself, which shows that most people are getting better the more the lans they go to, which is good :).

**** off!
    Alan swayed the balance easily. Hes easily one of the best in Ireland imho and a ****ing great tactitioner. Our team went to shambles as T's cause we really didn't organise ourselves.

Your just bitter from the headshots :p

As for teh quake competitions, Alan has a point. I think even a 1v1 would still leave the better Quake players in teh finals.

The old CTF games of quake we used to play were the most even for n00bs and experienced players alike. As the better players defended whilst the others went to capture vital sections of the map, and the runner was always on a heart rush dodging rockets.

I'm a bit miffed that DC wasn't played with all attendees involved. theres nothing better than a really beefy game with plenty of cannon fodder.

sure anyways, by teh time of the next lan there will be HL2 and mods to think about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Doodee wrote:
    **** off!
    Alan swayed the balance easily. Hes easily one of the best in Ireland imho and a ****ing great tactitioner. Our team went to shambles as T's cause we really didn't organise ourselves.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

I know I have only been to about 3 lans, but I think I'm ****ing marvellous at all games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Fúck off the lot of ye.

Next lan will have only OpFlash, DC and Solitaire tournaments.

Level playing field for ye all.

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote:
    Doodee wrote:
    **** off!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)
    No way would Alan have swayed the balance, I'm sure of it. Our team still would have won, in fact I'd even go as far to say that the person who Alan Merc'd for (Mak), would have been a better player for that game. Alan did help don't get me wrong he is good, but what Anima said holds true we would have won without drake. Me hopes for similar team at GLXII(with mak) and up against a team with Anima, Drake and Caliden, and 2 others :) It would be nice :) and strong opposition is the only way to learn.

I'd also like to add that I'm now ****ing brill at UT2004 instagib. And I'd kick Quetz's ass in OSP q3 :)

Sniipe wrote:
    No way would Alan have swayed the balance, I'm sure of it. Our team still would have won, in fact I'd even go as far to say that the person who Alan Merc'd for (Mak), would have been a better player for that game. Alan did help don't get me wrong he is good, but what Anima said holds true we would have won without drake. Me hopes for similar team at GLXII(with mak) and up against a team with Anima, Drake and Caliden, and 2 others :) It would be nice :) and strong opposition is the only way to learn.
    My shoulders are still sore from carrying that team.

Mine aren't :) That final was in the first half was my worst play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

yah sure, we will play you sniipe, just don't beat us too bad , k? ta

I'll make no promises cal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭aSS g0BliN

why don't yee just have a proper serious match with two teams with just the good players for once...and see how it goes :D

PROPER CS TOURNY.
    YOU CAN HAVE PRO'S LIKE PAR/BARRA/BENJI COME. We all know they are your real e-friendz

aSS g0BliN has a good idea there, in Dundalk it was called the ALLSTAR match. twas really good, took a while to organise fair teams. Everyone enjoyed it.

-=::{ALL*Z |-| Cal.cfg}::=-

[LIVE----]
    [-LIVE---]

[-LIVE---]
    [LIVE----]

• Advertisement

hahahaha

Me / Anima / Caliden / Randomer / Randomer would destroy any team GL could make up..

no, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thems Sounds Like Fightin' Words Kelly :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

DRakE wrote:
    hahahaha

Me / Anima / Caliden / Randomer / Randomer would destroy any team GL could make up..

no, really.

And that's exactly why we have random teams, adjusted to keep ye apart if possible.
    It might be fun for ye to win, but I think you'll find no-one else wants to play in the CS tourny.
    Hmmmm
    /me strokes fig...
    This may actually work in my favour - no more having to worry about CS prizes etc.....

THE SOLITAIRE CHAMPIONSHIP LIVES ON!

if you want a lol roffle lan, you might as well just drop cs :)

these two players : Randomer / Randomer must be really good to carry ur team if ur that confident.
    All I need on my squad is Sniipe/Quetzal/Quetzal clone 1/Quetzal clone 2/Quetzal clone 3 and we would kick ur ass. but its not possible so I'll have to sort out another solution.
    A strong team to oppose ye tbh, would include mak, ... I can't think of anyone else atm...

Sniipe wrote:
    these two players : Randomer / Randomer must be really good to carry ur team if ur that confident.
    All I need on my squad is Sniipe/Quetzal/Quetzal clone 1/Quetzal clone 2/Quetzal clone 3 and we would kick ur ass. but its not possible so I'll have to sort out another solution.
    A strong team to oppose ye tbh, would include mak, ... I can't think of anyone else atm...

I ownz0rs j00 4ll

****COCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneoneone

I'm serious.. if me, steve and dave were on the same team at galwaylan.. there's no way in hell we'd lose.

No Way

t'would be cs:S tbh, thats all I'm playing :)

• Advertisement

e-sigh, chickening out already?
    mat_depthbias_normal 1 rules ;)

Advertisement