Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp and stuff generally unrelted to quake.

Options
  • 15-10-1999 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Any1 know if there is some way of having a delay between songs in winamp or any other mp3 player. u c, ihave a "fairly large" collection of mp3s which i want to stick on to mini-disc. Unfortunetly, the minidisc player finds it hard to detect the pause between tracks on winamp(ie, u know the pause u have between tracks on a cd) In the end, u have a whole stack of songs on the 1 track. Irritating. Also, whos played a dreamcast.. u like?? I played Ready 2 rumble in game on it and all i can say is the machine rox. Plus, all those class sega arcade games should be converted soon. Come on the scud racer! Btw, this is a plug for the Dreamcast as i dont wanna c sega die smile.gif
    F.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Soul Calibur.

I'll say it again.

Soul Calibur.

What the hell, it's worth another go.

Soul Calibur.

Now I must go, my eyeballs are bleeding from "super-stunning-oh-my-god-graphics" inflicted wounds... and my brain is in "gameplay-heaven-holy-sh1te" meltdown mode.

As for the Minidisc problem.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll get back to you on this one, cos I think there's a way of doing it that's pretty simple but I'd need to try it out before I make a tit of myself smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Get an MP3 player. tongue.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Ah Ye i got a dreamcast yesterday
    it rox new to heights

[This message has been edited by DEATH (edited 15-10-99).]

wot u need is a card such as the SB Live with a digital output for audio. then u get urself an optical cable to hook from the digi output o the card to the optical in o ur minidisc.

or another way of doing it is encoding say 3-5 secs of silence from wav to mp3 then insert that in between each mp3 song that u want to record and the minidisc will think the silenced mp3 is a gap and will create a gap. Hey Presto!.

just create new playlist and insert the blank mp3 file in between each song.

sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

HEY DEATH! THOSE SUN-GLASSES ON YOUR SMILEY MAKE ME THINK OF YOU AS A FLASH MOTHER****ER! GOOD RESPECT BOOSTING STRATEGY, *****! BTW KEWL MP3 TIP DOOD!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

you could get audio catalyst and
    re-do yer mp3s and put in a 1sec delay before the start...... but then again, i doubt it would work because its my idea.

sheesh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

make a batch file wink.gif

I just record 1 song at a time.I only ever use the 1 minidisk,if i get board of a song i getrid of it.Never had that problem before though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Ya, know of all the above methods....i'm too lz tho.....i wanted something a bit easier. smile.gif As for the dreamcast, played it again today and loved it. Have to buy 1 smile.gif need a job. Any1 know of any part time jobs, preferably cpu related?? If u mention supermarkets....u can take a running jump.
    F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

FURY!
    theres a proggy around somewhere
    u can stick in a pause between em all

deadly if u need that sorta thing smile.gif
    hunt around

• Advertisement

SEP! i thought u died

or was that just a dream?

sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Finally someone with the same problem as me!!!!!! I hate that when your minidisc records a fukin hour long track but really it was supposed to be like a whole 16 track album but all you have is a lump of music.
    If I'm really bored I sometimes sit in front of me puter an hit the pause button on k-jofol after each track, sad ****er that I am.

If ya find a way of makin it easier lad, gimma a shout, its a pain in the ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

part time or full time?

Try Alfred Marks on grafton st. (opposite laura ashley). They'll get u a decent job if you can tell the difference between a parallel and serial cable smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Ta., nice1

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

and me ya kunts

i had the same problem ... until

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Sony MiniDisc recorders will detect a gap of 2-3 seconds between songs and put in a track mark.

If you're using WinAMP, and have compiled the 74 minute playlist you want, make yourself a blank *.mp3 which is approx. 3 seconds long and add it in after every track.

eg.

1. non-stop shagging get's you torn - N Imbruglia.mp3
    2. (((Blank-Space))).mp3
    3. I love my edible underwear - JB Jovi.mp3
    4. (((Blank-Space))).mp3
    5. lickin la longa lada - R Martin.mp3
    5. (((Blank-Space))).mp3

etc. you get the idea...

...Depending on your model of MiniDisc recorder, the tracks will be marked and your spaces of three seconds will be ignored.

sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

...footnote: I really should have read all the above post before throwing my two cents in....sheesh.

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 19-10-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hey, where did you get those songs from?
    i have been looking for them for ages

Advertisement