Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Italjet spares

Options
  • 16-11-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Dropped my moped into Autocycles on love lane east.
    Was getting a few bits done to it , anyway I rang back the place yesterday and the guy in the garage tells me that the right mirror "fell out" , he said that it was really loose and that it definatley wasn't his fault,

Now I'm of the opinion that if it breaks in their garage then they are responsible?

Comments ??

Fionn

p.s. anyone know of a website that does italjet spares ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Bueller......
    anyone..
    anyone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Now i would say the same thing as you......it was under possesion so they should take responsibility. They should repair it. Something similar happened to my mate's bike, it was blown over outside the bike shop and they wouldnt repair the fairing but they gave him a replacement mirror. Just go back to them and give them as much hassle as you can, i would say they will wear down eventually cos they are in the wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Crazy, in the garage, damaged, their prob! They broke it at the end of the day. As regards italjet's God help you, support is terrible, uk importers aren't up to much so really, eh, what can I say! I had an italjet for a few years, great little bike, but too much for what it was!! Odd as this sounds have you tried Kim in Ducati Dublin? He might have a insight on parts.. Good luck with it, as I still think they are really nice!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Thanks for the replies, to be honest I knew the mirror was loose , I had to adjust it back up everytime I started the bike, and it had a crack which probably led to it falling out ,

I think I will go the honest (ish) route and ask that they locate a mirror for cost price,

you right about getting spares Dee mm , The guy in the garage wanted to put a 3rd party spare on but i don;t want to take fromthe aesthetics so i'll wait till I find the right one, also if i replace the mirror with an incorect spare it will allow water to leak through the fairing (which equals more long term problems)

will ring Ducati dublin now , nice one for the info.

Fionn

Advertisement