Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cakes in lidl\aldi!

• 16-11-2004 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

has anyone else had the delisius(sp) cake from lidl, its a marble cake, with real butter icing(7g of butter it claims!). the cake comes in a clear container with a green label on top! ill get the name later! but its a lovely cheap cake! i reccommend a quick microwaving of it as its great hot!

tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

aldi has the nicest cakes and bickies ... sweets aswell .. all dirt cheap.

mmm ... aldi's muchies... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

they have really nice chocolate but thats for another forum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

has anyone else had the delisius(sp) cake from lidl, its a marble cake, with real butter icing(7g of butter it claims!). the cake comes in a clear container with a green label on top! ill get the name later! but its a lovely cheap cake! i reccommend a quick microwaving of it as its great hot!

tom

I purchased one yesterday on your recommendation and I have to say it is extreamly tasty. I have not been adventurious enought to microwave it yet but I may do to my next helping. I nominate this cake as the official boards cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

glad to recommend it, and glad you enjoyed it!

go on microwave it(10-15sec)!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Lidl has the nicest everything. It's cheap food but it's great food. If they opened near my college they'd clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That buttter marble cake from Lidl is very nice. Also, Aldi do great cake/biscuit snack things of all different flavours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Muffins.

Blueberry ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

tom

Definetly gotta try that marble cake sometime!! Sounds yummy!! :) Nice recommendation! ;) Reminds me of those chocolate marble bars....mmmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

woosaysdan wrote:
    they have really nice chocolate but thats for another forum!!!
    Sounds to me like you are admitting that there is a prospect for the chocolate forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

people please try heating your lidl cake! i cant be the only one mad enough to do it!!!!

• Advertisement

I'll do it tonite ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

memphis wrote:
    Sounds to me like you are admitting that there is a prospect for the chocolate forum?
    sounds to be like your not getting your chocolate forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

compliments to the marble cake from LIdl very yummy!!

I havent seen one yet! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Lidl do a stunning traditional German Christmas cake thingymajig; a stollen, it's called.
    It's got marzipan in the middle and icing sugar on the top and it's in a clear cellophane wrapper with colourful designs on it. I think you're supposed to share it with other people, as it's pretty big, but I've never quite managed that as I've always scoffed the lot!!
    Oink oink!

Advertisement