Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smashing pumpkins

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Jimmy Chamberlin's album is well worth checking out, really cool jazzy/prog/fusion stuff.

But more importantly: wheeeeeeeeeee! Billy Corgan's playing the Ambassador on Friday 17th June!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/912825

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Yep, Ambassador is going to be great, I just got my tickets (I'm also going to the Paris one) :)

I believe Jimmy may be playing an Irish date later this summer. I don't know how reliable this is but it was posted on his message board:

http://www.jimmychamberlincomplex.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=619

Jimmy occasionally replies like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

From NME on April 1st.

Irish release date might be the Friday before?

BILLY CORGAN has announced details of his debut solo album.

The former Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan frontman will release ‘THEFUTUREEMBRACE’ on June 21 before beginning an American tour.

The 11-song record includes a cover of the Bee Gees’ 'To Love Somebody’ featuring backing vocals from The Cure’s Robert Smith, while former Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin features on ’DIA’, Billboard.com reports.

The album’s track-listing is:

’All Things Change’
    ’Mina Loy (M.O.H.)’
    ’TheCameraEye’
    ’To Love Somebody’
    ’A100’
    ’DIA’
    ’Now (And Then)’
    ’I'm Ready’
    ’Walking Shade’
    ’Sorrows (in blue)’
    ’Pretty, pretty STAR’
    ’Strayz’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Smashing Pumpkins can do great songs, and have a great range of different styles in their songs, but each track is just based on one idea, they never develop or go anywhere. A really good band, one of my favourites, but I think that if it wasn't for this problem they would have been so much better.

But this Billy's solo stuff looks cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

billy at the ambassador should be a good'n. got my ticket today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

anyone know where I could get a hold of any of his new songs... Have any leaked or anything?

Sauron wrote:
    anyone know where I could get a hold of any of his new songs... Have any leaked or anything?

here you go:

http://myweb.uiowa.edu/dheinema/corgan.htm

The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex is playing Oxegen, just to let yous all know. Should be interesting.

> http://www.jimmychamberlincomplex.com/shows.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I heard some of their material on the website.. sounds very good..

Definitley heading to Oxegen now.... great lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Only recently started listening to their stuff i cant believe i ignored them for so long.Adore is the most underrated album ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

dead air wrote:
    The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex is playing Oxegen, just to let yous all know. Should be interesting.

Excellent, they're playing on the Sunday, chances are high that I'll be there. I'll definetly be seeing them at Pukkelpop later in the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

Smashing Pumpkins have got to be one of my favourite bands ever.Their music just had so much in it, i started listenin to them in like the best time of my life,first band and stuff.My favourite album has got to be Machina I or Adore (underrated).Machina II also kicks ass.Im a huge fan of all the songs that James Iha did vocals for aswell (Go,The Boy,Said Sadly, etc.).Pity his solo album didnt turn out too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

the gig, is expensive, I thiink ill go anyway. need to get tickets soon.

Advertisement