Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royalty-Free Images?

Options
  • 16-11-2004 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm building a report-builder app at the moment, and I want some images for something a bit like a "Toolbox" that one would see in Visual Studio.

Basically, I need a pic to represent each of the following :

- Line
    - Label
    - TextBox

Because this is a Real World [tm] development, grabbing the ones MS use in Visual Studio isn't a legally valid option AFAIK. What I need is some Open / Royalty Free equivalents to save me having to draw my own.

Anyone able to point me at anything useful?

Cheers,

jc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Hmm, you could re-use the icons from an open source project - most of them probably have free licenses on their artwork as well. Other than that, a quick Google comes up with dozens of companies selling royalty-free icon collections - a lot of them look pretty decent.

Another one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

<a href="http://www.openclipart.org">Open Clipart</a>. All the images are public domain so you can do what you want with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Syth wrote:
    <a href="http://www.openclipart.org">Open Clipart</a>. All the images are public domain so you can do what you want with them
    Excellent, thats one to bookmark.
    [Edit]
    Site seems to be down.
    [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Hmm you're right, it is down. Don't know why. A google for "open clipart" gives it as first, so it's popular.

Advertisement