Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donnabate

Options
  • 16-11-2004 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

myself and herself are thinking about buying out here. it seems pretty enough and with reasonable transport links, but we know damn all about the place. Pros and cons please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its quiet enough . Not much in the line of shops but its only a couple of miles into Swords. The bus service has improved drastically in the last few years and is now half decent. There are no secondary schools so most kids take the train to Skerries or Malahide or go to Swords. There is a New Sports centre no swimming pool though. It is expanding rapidly but overall at the moment it is a nice community it would be a nice place to live.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep , Its quite nice down there . Especially in Beaverstown Wood ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Always in black

Any good pubs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

thanks. going to see a couple of gaffs tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Is that all you think about Always?
    its just beer this and beer that with you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Any good pubs??

Sorry I missed that . There are two Pubs in Donabate Smiths and Keeling There is the brook in Portrane , The New community centre has a Bar and then thes the Waterside hotel on the Beach at Donabate. I'm not a regular drinker so I can't advise on the quality of any of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Muppet wrote:
    Sorry I missed that . There are two Pubs in Donabate Smiths and Keeling There is the brook in Portrane , The New community centre has a Bar and then thes the Waterside hotel on the Beach at Donabate. I'm not a regular drinker so I can't advise on the quality of any of them .

Yet to set foot in the Community Centre, but I wouldn't consider the other four options as goers.

Where you looking at houses landser? The place is decent enough, though it is expanding pretty rapidly so I don't know how long that will hold.

If you have kids there's a few options for them, good juvenile section in the local GAA club (and a great set-up with their ground), soccer, Scouts...all the usual.

You also have the only Blue Flag beach in Dublin (if IIRC) down the road in Portrane.

Ten minutes drive to the M1, train station in the village (Northern Suburban) and a half-hourly bus service to Swords. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Advertisement