Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track your Euro bills - Irish needed!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

But of course! Thats whats going to solve all our problems, knowing where each individual note goes.

Now I wonder why the government didn't think of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

http://www.eurobilltracker.com/index.php?referer=18521

Click on this link and I will be acknowledged for referring you to the site!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Down with spam.

It's not Spam. go on the site and see for yourself!!

www.eurobilltracker.com

It's the one thing you can do with your money in Ireland that is free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Enii wrote:
    It's not Spam. go on the site and see for yourself!!
    The site isn't the spammer. You're the spammer you plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amydublin2

No need to be so rude, sceptre. "Plonker" is a really derogatory name to call anyone. Have you any manners? There are ways to express your feelings, using the basic english language, without having to resort to name calling. It is very insensitive and I think it reveals what type of person you are. Come on, be nice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm with sceptre. Down with spamming plonkers!

Amazing that enii's first post is about this isn't it?

cf: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177655

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

amydublin2 wrote:
    No need to be so rude, sceptre. "Plonker" is a really derogatory name to call anyone. Have you any manners?
    Yes I have. I'm afraid they'd be wasted on spamming plonkers. Ditto niceness.

As for "plonker" being a really derogatory term to call anyone, I fear I could have been much more blunt. This is a nice little community the admins and users have built up here and personally I'm rather tired of the odd idiot bounding into the middle, registering and posting merely so they can sell something, advertise something, pimp something or increase their rank on some site that tracks currency. Hence my tendency to tell such people to climb up a camel's behind. If the original poster ever gives something to the community rather than just coming here to pimp I'll be surprised. If that happens they were just a /temporary/ spamming plonker.

And of course it reveals something about the type of person I am. If nothing else that I tend to give idiots short shrift where possible. I've patience with anyone who wants to learn (because they're not idiots) or discuss and when I'm lucky other people have likewise for me (as I too like to learn and discuss). No such sympathy for those who choose to wallow in their own sense of rightious stupidity though.

Nice of you to register just to let me know your feelings though. That's part of what boards.ie is all about. Stick around and you might find that most of us are actually quite amiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amydublin2

I think Enii has posted other messages she was involved in a discussion about motorbike insurance. But enough about her, just want to say that I was on that money tracking site and found it pretty cool. I find things like that really interesting especially the statistics about how different euro countries bills are moving around Europe. Anyone else know any other great sites like this one that I can get involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thereallyreal

Thanks for letting us know about that site Enii. I am an American living in Ireland. In the States I register all my dollar bills on the website www.wheresgeorge.com and so am very interested in starting to do the same with my euro bills while I am living here. Have just been on the site, it does not have anywhere near the amount of people using it as wheresgeorge.com but is is relatively new in comparison so I am sure it will gain popularity. It gets more interesting when more people use it as you are more likely to get a hit. I have had some really interesting dollar hits in the US.

Thanks for the nice comments Amydublin2 - any hits yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

me thinks Amy and Enii are the same person. Both registered in Nov and one backing up the other. That's even worse than Spamming Plonkers :)

Get real LFC!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

I dont usually get involved in this type of discussion, but here is what i think , it is spam , they both should be banned, imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Enii wrote:
    Get real LFC!!!!!

Surely you mean get "thereallyreal" ;)

Lets see:

Enii: Registered 16/11/04 - Posts in Television and RipOffIreland
    AmyDublin2: Registered 23/11/04 - Posts in Television and RipOffIreland
    TheReallyReal: Registered 24/11/04 - Posts in Television and RipOffIreland

Is there a pattern?

Advertisement