Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant download from IE

• 16-11-2004 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

My home pc cant download anything from a website, it constantly has error on page on the bottom right and when you try to download something it says the webpage cant be found, is it a java problem by any chance (downloading files, doc & zip, from CIT)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What in the world makes you think its Java related? Sounds to me like it just times out when connecting to the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bananayoghurt

Nuttzz wrote:
    My home pc cant download anything from a website, it constantly has error on page on the bottom right and when you try to download something it says the webpage cant be found, is it a java problem by any chance (downloading files, doc & zip, from CIT)

whats cit ?, have you tried downloading from other sites ?, if you go to cit whatever that may be it might be just an old or corrupt cache, try clearing your cache and give it another go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My home pc cant download anything from a website
    you said a website. Have you tried a different site. The links could be dead on the site you are using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Rabies wrote:
    you said a website. Have you tried a different site. The links could be dead on the site you are using.

typo on my part, also when i click on a link in an email in OE it wont launch IE, most strange

CIT is cork inst of tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Do you have a firewall or web-filtering activated?

• Advertisement
Advertisement