Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband in Cork Harbour

• 16-11-2004 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Does anyone now of any wireless providers in the Cork Harbour area?
    I have tried Amocom already, (2 recievers, one blocked by large houses no reception, the other is too far away in glouthane and no reception) I am actually starting to loose sleep working during the night at work, so I am getting desperate, my budget is about 80 yoyos a month
    -Toppy-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

Whereabouts are you?

Only know of Amocom, Digiweb, Irish Broadband. I was pursuing these until ADSL just became available a couple of weeks ago (in Passage West)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

PM me your address, Ill check out from the Digiweb side if its feasible to get you a wireless connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Hi hazbot, im living on the main street, so dsl hitting passage eh? Thats interesting to be honest though id still go to wireless if i can. You getting the dsl off eircom?
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

Well of course the wire is supplied by Eircom... but connectivity is courtesy of Esat (employer is paying for it and we have a bulk agreement I think)

I would prefer wireless for the sole reason that I could then disconnect my phone line, however, mobile phone access is sketchy at home so I need it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Theres also these guys nova networks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

nah they have no coverage in the harbour, their transmitter is on Patricks hill
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Any of ye have Novanetwork?thinking of getting a 1m wireless in from them?

Advertisement