Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn in Hell Al Queda (Margaret Hassan murdered)

Options
  • 16-11-2004 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Breaking news, the video of the murder of Irish Aid worker is now available.

What exactly did this empty deed achieve.
    I know it only further proved to me that Al Queda are mindless scúm who should burn in hell.
    Story here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very sad and utterly inexplicable in normal terms. 30 years serving the ppl of Iraq and this is your reward, the only good thing that might come out of this is that because she was so obviously blameless her death might help turn ordinary Iraqis against these scum. However I dont think her kidnapping had much to do with the thing we call Al Qaeda.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well we know know irish people are targets anywhere in the world
    I think it was a big mistake to give Bigley an Irish passport and this mess might have been saved!

Ohh well im sure there will be someone else kidnapped in a few days and again it will be a long and drawn out process.

I wonder if they see the use of shannon as an excuse for these actions!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The irony of your telling them to "burn in hell" should not go unnoted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Fcúking animals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

any western civilians who dont have really good security should get the hell out of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

yah i don't get the linkage either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Sadly it was inevitable. Al Queda and it's franchisees have no respect for any human life, irrespective of nationality religion or ethnicity. They only have their own agenda.
    The Irish passport has has been a pathetic tragicomedy and the sooner Irish people and Europeans also relaise what we are dealing with the better. Europe needs to wake up to this new phenomena and realsie it cannot sit back in a cosy amchair while it lets the US mop up and usually aggrevate problems all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

absolutely.....The Bathist regime used to throw these types from the roof tops and or blow them up with their own bombs. Thank George Bush for giving Tawhid / Al Quida a second breeding ground in Iraq.

So pro invasion people above...better the devil you know than the one you don't.... Sadam could have and was being contained......... this crowd now have free reign.

oh...I forgot...we have to bomb the other victims into elections in January to defeat the Jihadists and Terrorists. This simplistic bad guys good guys scenario will save the world. God is great etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Thankfully this liberation is wiping thousands of these rabid slaughterers off the face of the earth and that makes fewer that we have to face in the future. Saddam never hurt a hair on one of these guys arms...his penchant was torturing, gang raping and slaughtering his own innocent people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

spanner wrote:
    any western civilians who dont have really good security should get the hell out of there

They already are. Insurance runs at 10K+ a week for contracters. It is most likely she was an easy target and thats why she was snatched.

Btw, Al Queda didn't kill her, nor did they abduct her. It was another group (not that they shouldn't burn in hell, both of them).

She was also against the Iraq war which doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

My sympathty (for all that it matters) goes out to the family and friends of Margaret Hassan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

jank wrote:
    Well we know know irish people are targets anywhere in the world
    I think it was a big mistake to give Bigley an Irish passport and this mess might have been saved!

Ohh well im sure there will be someone else kidnapped in a few days and again it will be a long and drawn out process.

I wonder if they see the use of shannon as an excuse for these actions!?

The fact that she was born in Ireland has nothing to do with this, she was seen as British in the eyes of her abductors (my opinion), as was Bigley, as is the lady in Afganistan. We are a small insignificant nation on the edge of Europe, lets stop thinking we are anything else.

My heart goes out to this ladies family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Breaking news, the video of the murder of Irish Aid worker is now available.

What exactly did this empty deed achieve.
    I know it only further proved to me that Al Queda are mindless scúm who should burn in hell.
    Story here

Exactly, a lady is murdered by nationalist Iraqis so AL QUEDA MUST SUFFER!!!

Also, I hear they said before they murdered her that they were glad September 11th happened.

Also, I hear they said before they murdered her that they were glad September 11th happened.

Do you have a link to that.

Btw, I checked (because tbh the first poster gave the impression he was right). She was not killed by AQ, in fact Al-Zarqawi released a statement that she should be released (signed "AQ in Iraq").

So a lot doesn't make sense about this killing at all. All it appears to do is polorise people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hobbes wrote:
    She was not killed by AQ, in fact Al-Zarqawi released a statement that she should be released (signed "AQ in Iraq").

So a lot doesn't make sense about this killing at all. All it appears to do is polorise people.

Well I would'nt take Al-Zarquawi at his word and the polorising effect is just what the "insurgents" doctor ordered.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

did the killers give their motivation for her being the victim?

I mean Ken Bigley they said he was profiting off the American war but what the hell did they say about her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

one can only feel sorry for her and her family. They didn't deserve this.

I would urge everyone to reflect however and think about the anger you feel over this woman's death, now multiply that for every single iraqi civillian that has been callously murdered by the coalition of the killing.

But I guess its okay if the coalition tell us its all for the purpose of democracy? Not so easy to write off the life of a western woman as it is to write off those of countless iraqis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

rest in peace margaret, you dont need to be afraid anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

was only thinking about her earlier today, she seemed like a real nice lady, god love her and family.

Its madness why such a good woman who has dedicated her life to helping others should have to suffer and have died like this

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Well I would'nt take Al-Zarquawi at his word and the polorising effect is just what the "insurgents" doctor ordered.

Mike.

Except that the effect is polorizing the wrong way for the insurgents. While his word would be dubious at best the statement was that they hadn't taken her and that she should be released as she wasn't against Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Hatred and anger is not the way to heal the world folks. I feel sad for two reasons; that such a wonderful lady has been lost to us and that there are people that feel they need to do this in order to get attentention for their plight.

Now saying that these people should burn in hell is not going to help this situation. Really now, is it?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I remember thinking, and not wanting to believe, that they were always going to kill her no matter what. They wanted to string it out as long as they could, get as much media milage out of her has they could, then kill her.
    I don't think there was anything that could be done bar paying a ransom.

I feel very sorry today for her husband and her family, and our thoughts and prayers are with them in these most tragic of times.
    May she rest in peace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Terrible tragedy. We all realise that she was just labeled as a European, a Westerner, part of their perceived problems. Her individuality didn't matter - the fact she helped so many of them was irrelevant next to the broad area of the world she was born in.

In much the same way many Westerners have been guility of tarnishing many people in the Mid East with the same brush - godless savages and so on. This callous butchery can only serve to enhance those views. The barbarians who perpetuated these crimes have only widended the gulf. So damned pointless and infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I know that this will sound odd but at least they just shot her in the head rather than hack her head off. She died but at least she didnt suffer the same fate as nick berg or ken bigley, may she rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

mike65 wrote:
    Well I would'nt take Al-Zarquawi at his word
    Based on what ?

The group who kidnapped her threatened to hand her over to Al-Zarquawi, as his name is known as a ruthless terrorist.

His response was that he would release her if she was handed over, unless she was proven to be a conspirator against muslims.
    story

Not that he's a particularly nice guy, but hate him for what he's actually done.

Blaming him for all the atrocities will ultimitely lead to the people who carry them out getting off the hook.

More reading

My bet is this guy will be dead within a year, with much PR about how the mastermind behind everything from Madrid to Ken Bigley has been stopped.

Bin-Laden is untouchable (for political reasons), there is no serious effort going on to find him. His name doesn't come up as often in the press as AZ these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

chill wrote:
    Thankfully this liberation is wiping thousands of these rabid slaughterers off the face of the earth and that makes fewer that we have to face in the future.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. This so called "Liberation" is creating more and more people like this. Many people who turn to terrorism are people who have had their close family murdered. Imagine if US troops came in and destroyed your house, killed your family members? It might make you so mad that you decide to get your own back.

(I'm not excusing what happened to Margaret Hassan, that was a disgrace)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

About the security, what did you expect. How can you have good security when you drive around in a big jeep with UN written in big letters all over it in the middle of the day.

Normally I believe I can't judge things other people do so quickly, and more consideration for their culture and situation has to be taken in, and some times we just can't understand things that people do.

This though, is different. There is no human excuse for this, west or east.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's a very sick but effective media coup. The public is slowly becoming desensitised to murders in Iraq. Whereas in the beginning the executions were shocking to everyone, each individual murder now throws up more and more debate about how the victim might have deserved it or expected it or brought it upon him/herself. It's nigh on impossible to find a reason for Hassan's murder to console ourselves with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

chill wrote:
    Thankfully this liberation is wiping thousands of these rabid slaughterers off the face of the earth and that makes fewer that we have to face in the future.

Unfortunatly I think think that the US actions will have produced more of these people than eliminated :(

Advertisement