Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS

Options
  • 16-11-2004 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

You can now send MMS (pictures etc) to O2 network as well as meteor. Vodafone will be enabled soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What's your experience sending MMS on Meteor? I've never been able to do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

:rolleyes: not great admittedly :/

Cool, just tried it both ways (Meteor-O2 and O2-Meteor) and it worked. :)

If Meteor pull a deal with Vodafone I might just go back to them! The lack of MMS interoperability drove me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you are unable to send an MMS message on any network, call your operator to ensure you are configured correctly on the network and to verify that your handset is configured correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I'm surprised meteor didnt send a text around to inform all their subs of this! - means more money for them - more mesages being sent and better for the customer and a bit of PR this is all up and running with 02.

Normally get informed of most new promotions they do - typical the one you would be bothered about you dont get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

samo wrote:
    I'm surprised meteor didnt send a text around to inform all their subs of this! - means more money for them - more mesages being sent and better for the customer and a bit of PR this is all up and running with 02.

Normally get informed of most new promotions they do - typical the one you would be bothered about you dont get!
    I got a txt yesterday from them informing me! The MMS cost 30c to other networks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

samo wrote:

i got a text about it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Me too. Just today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

L5 wrote:
    i got a text about it

they are ignoring me!!!! Still havent got a text from them and know 2 people on meteor who also didnt and we'd normally get all the regular check out new text alert type of things!!

Feeling ever so slightly left out now.....

I got a txt yesterday from them informing me! The MMS cost 30c to other networks though!

It always cost 30c to send an MMS to another Meteor phone. At least they aren't charging an off-net rate.

O2 charge 35c per message, it sucks. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Karsini wrote:
    It always cost 30c to send an MMS to another Meteor phone. At least they aren't charging an off-net rate.

O2 charge 35c per message, it sucks. :(
    Thought we always had free 085-085 MMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Thought we always had free 085-085 MMS?
    Only if you top up by €20 in a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Just after getting a text about it now, better late than never I guess!!

I didn't know we had free MMS as well, is this true? I know they say "free texts and picture messages", but I recall testing my phone there a few months back and I got charged for sending an MMS. Was this just a mistake on their part?

MMS from Vodafone to Meteor is now live. Sent a message to my mother's GX10i and she received it first time. :)

Now I think I'll port my 086 number over, sick of what I'm paying for calls.

Advertisement