Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB username & password?

• 16-11-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,973 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Here a couple of months back, it was mentioned that all new connections to Eircom Broadband now use the same username and password regardless. By this, i mean the username and password you enter in to enable it after connecting the modem etc.

Does this still apply? And if so, what was this username and password?

Gotta go set up a mate's BB tonight.

Cheers in advance.

PS - If it is still like this with the same username and password for all customers, it might be a good idea to put this in the Sticky FAQ.

EDIT: Never mind.... found it on the Eircom site. Should have thought to look there first! :)

For anyone who's interested, it's:

Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

As yet, this is only for newer customers; the older ones are still using their unique usernames and passwords. The main authentication is now done using your CSI (calling station ID), which is why the user/pass has become generic. Or something like that, I wasn't paying all that much attention in broadband training in Eircom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Actually the eircom / broadband1 username / password will work for all Eircom Broadband customers, I can either use my own personal username / password combo or eircom / broadband1 Both work fine, I guess it's just a matter of time before everyone will be told to use eircom / broadband1

Advertisement