Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Opinions!

Options
  • 16-11-2004 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi - insurance policy is coming up for renewal.. great! costs 3200 quid, prov lic, age 23 male. waiting for my test but it wont come in before i have to renew the policy..

will this come down much with 1 yrs no claims? or would i be better off putting it in my girlfriends name (full license, same age) and going down as a named driver?

hate giving those ****ers so much money!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well your quote will be cheaper this year as the prices have fallen across the board.

As for signing over you car to your g/f and becoming a named driver...its the sort of thing many of us have done and chances are you'll get away with it just fine. Of course you wont be building and no-claims bonus and what you have may "lapse" (not sure about this).

And if you fall out, your girlfriend may sell the car without you knowing! :p

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote:
    Well your quote will be cheaper this year as the prices have fallen across the board.
    That can't really be guarranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is this TP or fully comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

It TP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Im 24, was on a provisional last year for my first year driving under my own name, I paid €3216 3rd party last December.

Passed my test recently - my quote for this year is €1600 fully comp. That is with Quinn Direct.

My advise would be to keep shopping around and get that test passed as soon as you can. I know its a pain in the ass waiting so long - if you're working try get your company to write you a letter saying that you need the licence for work purposes and they will put you on the cancellation list.

After sending in that letter I go the test within 10 days! And as a result I got a cheque for €660 back from Quinn Direct which was sweet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement