Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shawn michaels hate thread

• 16-11-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

i know im gonna take alot of flak for this ,but am i the only one out there who
    can see through this ego-maniacal ass-hole.im sorry for all of you out there who think that he's changed, but no, he hasnt.,he just knows he's not the big draw that he claimed to be 7 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and refused to lay down for certain people(metioning no names)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Like him or not you can't deny his talent in the ring nor his willingness to compete for the fans.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The guy is a super ass hole, always has been, and he always looked like a total fag too. But he was/is regarded as one of the best workers in the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I just love these threads, where people come onto them spouting how such and such is a bad worker, how the other guy holds too much political backstage away. Basically, spouting CRAP.

Now, some people dislike Michaels, others love him. Ego-maniacal? Show me an athlete who isnt.

How do you know that Shawn 'knows' he isnt a big draw anymore? If memory srves, the POINT erupted for him last May, as does most arenas you see on the telly.

Whats there to see threw. Dioes Shawn pretend to not get his way? I dont know?

All I know is this. HBK has consistently put on 5star match, after 5 star match throughout his career, and for an armchair fan, thats good enough for me.

gimmick wrote:
    If memory srves, the POINT erupted for him last May,
    I heard he got quite a hostile reaction and that there were numerous "You screwed Bret" chants.Was this not the case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

I was there for that in the Point. And true the YOU SCREWED BRET chants did start.
    I along with most the crowd were in these chants BUT i along with most the crowd were also cheering for him to. THE match on the point was triple h vs HBK. Think about what the match was . It was two of the biggest names in the business ever. The crowd didnt know who to cheer for. When HBK hit the Sweet Chin Music everyone and i mean everyone (the people who chanted the bret chants were first) got up onto their feet and chamted HBK. This guy is a Legend , first wwe ladder match(one of the best),
    first hell in a cell match(effects still here today HBK undertaker and kane still as big if not bogger today) Member of the KLIQU(cant spell it correctly) and DX and the NWO some of the biggest groups in the business .And winner of the first elimation chamber matchs(and that was the second TV match after Four years. So before you go Starting a Hate Thread Think about why he has been a top draw for so long. WWE dont but him out there because of his backstage style . I dont watch him because of what other people think hes like when not in the ring i watch this guy because he is an amazing worker in the ring . So after this how about the UNDERTAKER HATE THREAD or the ROCK hate thread or wait even better the ANY BODY WHO HAS TALENT HATE THREAD. sorry about the rant but i like HBK and dont think he deserves S**t like that .
    WATCH HIS TALENT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

i never said anything about his ring talent, caus even tho i hate to admit it,he's one of the best ever in the ring.its his personality and his gimmick i,and alot of others hate.
    to answer the earlier question, he got a mixed reaction.there were lots of you screwed bret chants, and one fan particularly(with hitman glasses and a big sign really let him have it)and michaels actually saw him and paid quite alot of attention to him!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I was there too, this idiot thought he was Bret Hart with his Canadian flag and Hitman shades.

People really need to get over this, Bret was asked to do a job by his boss, flat out refused, so McMahon found another day. He was a primadonna who thought he was too big for the business, and found out the hard way that he wasn't.

Shawn on the other hand, granted has acted like a complete prick in the past. But for the first half of the year, he carried RAW on two legs. You can deny this all you want, but the ratings tanked when he took a few months off to be with his wife during her pregnancy. He's done nothing but break his balls since returning in 2002, and has put a number of talent over in that process.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Meh i'd much rather watch Shawn than Big Show or someone, even if he isn't quite what he was a few years ago I'd personally love to see cross over to Smackers to liven it up a bit, I reckon he'd really tear it up if he did. I haven't really been watching much wrestling recently what with no sky sports and Smackdown boring the life out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

One thing you have to say about Shawn is he thinks he's cool...but he KNOWS he's sexy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Hes also got the looks that drive the girls wild.

- he also dont lay down for no one if it aint a hot sexy moma.
    -he also cost vince millions by ruining the main event of mania 13.he forfeit the belt a month earlier caus he wudnt job to bret.
    -he also stormed out of raw 3 times, caus he wanted to go with his buddies in wcw.
    -he also forfeit the ic belt in 1993, caus he wudnt do the job.(this is how the ladder match came aboot i 94, caus old hbk came back after razor had won the belt in a match against rick martel, hbk said he was the real champ.
    - montreal srewjob
    -even near crippled b4 mania 14, he was refusing to lose to austin backstage,
    until taker taped up his fists infront of him,threatening to beat the crap out of him unless he went along with storyline!!!!!!!!!
    To be honust, i could go on forever, but id hate to shatter ur illusions of your precious boytoy!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

a couple of valid points there bob, however...

"he also forfeit the ic belt in 1993, caus he wudnt do the job"

-real reason was his contract ran out at the time, negotiations went on for a while, he was IC champ and had no contract so the title was taken from him while the matter was settled.

"montreal srewjob"

-it was vince who decided to go through with that, michaels was just the man used to hotshot the title to.

"even near crippled b4 mania 14, he was refusing to lose to austin backstage,
    until taker taped up his fists infront of him,threatening to beat the crap out of him unless he went along with storyline!!!!!!!!!"

- dont believe everything you read. michaels spent the majority of the day of wm14 in his dressing room having his back massaged by doctors so he could perform that night.

so yeah. in general. just because he was a prick on a personal level, you never really had to worry about that, all we get to see is michaels the performer, and weather he's heel or face in my opinion he's always been the most consistant performer in the business.

el rabitos wrote:
    -it was vince who decided to go through with that, michaels was just the man used to hotshot the title to.

Michaels was in on the plan though and he denied it for years until he finally admitted it in an interview on WWE Confidential.

Since we're stating things that Michaels did that were out of order,how about when he insinuated that Bret was having an affair with Sunny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i refer you to my other words on the subject -

"just because he was a prick on a personal level, you never really had to worry about that, all we get to see is michaels the performer"

we might have missed out on a few good matches because he was a prick, but, the matches he was in were always of a top notch quality.

also. the fact that he was in on the monteal screwjob is not in question. he could lie about it all he likes. he was told what to do, he did it. its vinces company, vinces decision. he was an employee that did what he was asked to do, even if he happened to want to do it or not

he also dont lay down for no one if it aint a hot sexy moma.

Hang on, he cleanly lost the IC belt to Scott Hall, now i dunno about you, but i don't find Scott Hall attractive! He has also done a number of clean jobs to Bret Hart early in is career, check out Survivor Series 92 for plain evidence of this.
    he also cost vince millions by ruining the main event of mania 13.he forfeit the belt a month earlier caus he wudnt job to bret.

Why do i get the feeling the Montreal Screwjob is coming next? Fact of the matter is, that card was woeful from head to toe, even if the original main event had gone through, Austin would have been lumbered with Sid or Taker, and it still would have only one good match, and that doesn't make a good PPV, so the fact that WWE was pure muck at the beginning of 1997 isn't all Shawn's fault.
    he also stormed out of raw 3 times, caus he wanted to go with his buddies in wcw.

Lex Luger did exactly the same thing, Michaels was open about it, Luger said he's stick around til a contract was sorted, then he jumped the following day, start a Luger Hate thread!
    he also forfeit the ic belt in 1993, caus he wudnt do the job.(this is how the ladder match came aboot i 94, caus old hbk came back after razor had won the belt in a match against rick martel, hbk said he was the real champ.

Get your facts straight. In October 1993, Vince approached Shawn and told him he failed a steroid test. His option was to admit he was taking them or to take two months unpaid suspension. Michaels took the walk. That was merely down to a contract dispute. The reluctancy to defend the belt was the on air excuse Tunney gave on Prime Time Wrestling later that week. Then the two belts were brought into play when he came back.
    montreal srewjob
    Whine Whine Whine, you know, if Bret was in the ring with Steve Austin at the time this happened, Shawn would still get the blame for this. Vince wasn't gonna trust anyone after the Madusa incident, and if you put yourself in his shoes, from a company standpoint, neither would you! Vince pulled the plug and instigated it. Shawn was merely a pawn for that. So you're blaming the wrong guy there. Typical Bret fan really.
    even near crippled b4 mania 14, he was refusing to lose to austin backstage, until taker taped up his fists infront of him,threatening to beat the crap out of him unless he went along with storyline!!!!!!!!!

Nice to know you enjoyed Scott Keith's second book too Bob. The sad thing is i wouldn't take his word as gospel. As much as i enjoy Scott Keith's writing, he's incredibly biased against Shawn Michaels being Canadian and a huge fan of all the Harts.

If i recall correctly, that was very last minute when he had doubts because he'd felt Austin hadn't been with the company long enough. A fair enough Point, Michaels had to wait 8 years, Bret had to wait 7 years but Austin was getting the belt after 2 years with the company. Shawn would have dropped anyway, regardless what he said backstage because at that point, for all intents and purposes, Shawn was a cripple.

I wouldn't mind, you're giving out about Shawn dropping the belt, yet you act like Bret is some sort of god yet he whinged and whined that he was asked to do what his boss felt was the right thing to do for the company.

That would be double standards now, wouldn't it?
    VR!

oh believe me,the luger hate thread is coming.ha ha!!!!!!!!!
    scott hall beat him caus he was one of micheal's best buddies,
    and he said the"aint layin down, if it wasnt a hot sexy momma" line in 1997,to let bret hart,undertaker and austin and anyone else main event calibre
    that he wouldnt be doing any jobs,and was gonna make life hell for him.
    and the taker taping up his fists thing isnt rumour,both hbk, and taker have both gone on record to say there was a serious altercation between the two
    b4 mania 14, as taker was still very pd' off at shawn & vince for monteal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

oh believe me,the luger hate thread is coming.ha ha!!!!!!!!!
    scott hall beat him caus he was one of micheal's best buddies,
    and he said the"aint layin down, if it wasnt a hot sexy momma" line in 1997,to let bret hart,undertaker and austin and anyone else main event calibre
    that he wouldnt be doing any jobs,and was gonna make life hell for him.
    and the taker taping up his fists thing isnt rumour,both hbk, and taker have both gone on record to say there was a serious altercation between the two
    b4 mania 14, as taker was still very pd' off at shawn & vince for monteal.

if that were true, then I would feel very, very sorry for HBK, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on if Mark Calloway had gone for him - a legitamete tough bastard in and outside the ring - prime example is wrestling Hell in a Cell against Foley with a broken foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    I just love these threads, where people come onto them spouting how such and such is a bad worker, how the other guy holds too much political backstage away. Basically, spouting CRAP.

By total c**p , Gimmick , do you mean you think posts on the board about wrestlers are c**p or just the ones insinuating there is backstage politics in play.
    Because if it's the latter you're kidding yourself.

It could'nt be more apparent that there is severe backstage politics in WWE, always has been.

I know you should take all Internet speculation with a whole drum of salt, never mind a pinch, but the ones regarding Micheal's , Hogan's and HHH's manipulating are true as far as i'm concerned ( i know there has been others but they are the main culprits ).

At least, if you were to scorn all such stories and just believe what WWE want you to believe, you'd be very naive.

You'd think Isaac Yankim was a real dentist for one thing

this is an open forum, so i can say what i like.it is not crap,it is an opinion

• Advertisement

and the taker taping up his fists thing isnt rumour,both hbk, and taker have both gone on record to say there was a serious altercation between the two b4 mania 14, as taker was still very pd' off at shawn & vince for monteal.

Thats fine and good, but where did i mention that it was just a rumour?
    Do you even read posts?
    I said Scott Keith's word isn't to be taken as gospel because he's extremely biased!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 34all

shawn mickheals is one of the best wrestlers in wwe no dobut about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HBK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

The worst thing about Shawn Michaels is when they panned aroung the crowd to show the women cheering him and they were overweight white trash.

I cannot take the backstage internet news all that seriously I feel most of that news is leaked on purpose or made up by writers with an agenda.

On the other hand his work in the wrestling ring was of a high standard get hte from the vault DVD with his matches. The one against Mankind at mind games is a tremendous match.

Slightly O/T

Now if they released a Kurt Angle DVD that would rock

Unit00 wrote:
    I cannot take the backstage internet news all that seriously I feel most of that news is leaked on purpose or made up by writers with an agenda.

That's only happened once or twice, and a lot of what happened with Shawn in the late 90s was long before WWE cared about the internet :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

i know im gonna take alot of flak for this ,but am i the only one out there who
    can see through this ego-maniacal ass-hole.im sorry for all of you out there who think that he's changed, but no, he hasnt.,he just knows he's not the big draw that he claimed to be 7 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and refused to lay down for certain people(metioning no names)
    Yeah - because remember when you used to hang out backstahge at WWE and you witnessed all of this first-hand...
    You haven't got a clue mate - you're just rehashing everything you read on the internet.

first of all, "mate", this is not my opinion.old hbk would be the first person to agree eith what ive said, caus its fact.he acknowledges all his faults nowadays(some crazy religious thing i think).if i was giving my opinion, i would say that it was my opinion, but this is fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

He's not lying, you should get the confidential DVD, I don't have it but I got to see a few of the shows of it in the states, and the montreal screw job was one of the few I saw, Shawn does admit it and it actually shows backstage, even in the locker room after the match Bret with his son and Shawn Micheals sitting in there and Bret asking Shawn if he had anything to do with it to which he said no, then it showed video of Vince leaving the locker room being held up by Shane with welling under his eye...thinking bout it now I got to get that DVD

He's not lying, you should get the confidential DVD, I don't have it but I got to see a few of the shows of it in the states, and the montreal screw job was one of the few I saw, Shawn does admit it and it actually shows backstage, even in the locker room after the match Bret with his son and Shawn Micheals sitting in there and Bret asking Shawn if he had anything to do with it to which he said no, then it showed video of Vince leaving the locker room being held up by Shane with welling under his eye...thinking bout it now I got to get that DVD

Yup, and if you still don't believe em, get your hands on Wrestling With Shadows where Shawn swears to god he had nothing to do with it (also a quote from Bret saying Earl Hebner swore on his kids that he'd call it down the middle), and then the footage of McMahon coming out of the locker room after Bret clocked him one.

Then six years later, Shawn confesses all on TV in the confidential piece, it's on the best of confidential DVD. You don't have to be backstage to know this sh*t, it's almost common knowledge. We don't need internet dirt sheets, when it comes from the horses mouth.

Think it's you Rattlor, who needs to get a clue.
    VR!

PS: Rattlor, You spelled backstage wrong, and you give blackbelt grief? Pft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Blackbelt intentionally spelt "mite" wrong - there's a difference. I made a typo, whereas he was using text-bitch slang.

Why don't you gombeans read the first post - he is not talking about HBK being a dick in the past - WHICH I NEVER DENIED, he is saying that HBK hasn't "CHANGED" - which he doesn't know to be fact.

• Advertisement

Rattlor wrote:
    Blackbelt intentionally spelt "mite" wrong - there's a difference. I made a typo, whereas he was using text-bitch slang.

And what do they both have in common? Nobody gives a rats a$$!
    Why don't you gombeans read the first post - he is not talking about HBK being a dick in the past - WHICH I NEVER DENIED, he is saying that HBK hasn't "CHANGED" - which he doesn't know to be fact.

Well maybe if you hadn't used "past tense", and stated that more clearly in your post, then you might not have been so misunderstood, constructive criticism from validreasoning!

VR!

Advertisement