Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last CD you bought?

1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Epica - The Phantom Agony just arrived today-great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

System of a Down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
    Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour
    Nevermore - Nevermore

Also pre-ordered the new Hypocrisy. Can't wait for this, only hearing good things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Can´t remember the last metal CD I bought but the next one is going to be Paul Stanleys solo album (if he ever finishes it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Mastodon-Remisson
    Mushroomhead-XX
    Mushroomhead-XIII
    Machinehead-Burn My Eyes
    Arch Enemy-Doomsday Machine
    Fear Factory-Soul of a New Machine/Fear is The Mindkiller
    Akercocke-Choronzon

Actually ordered Mastodon-Levaithan from play.com, they sent me Remission
    which i didn't have anyway, so it was all good (was going to get it but they said it was out o stock,go figure?!).

Got the Mushroomhead albums after hearing 'Sun Doesn't Rise' on MTV2's '120 Metal Minutes' and being quite impressed. Always had them pegged as a Slipknot rip-off but am now beginning to think they could be better, it's a different sound really (have to get my hands on some of their other stuff).

Machinehead/Arch Enemy/Fear Factory- No explanation needed.

Akercocke- Heard good things about, liked the track 'Levaithan' when i heard it a while ago, and yet it hasn't clicked with me yet. Might benefit from a few more listen's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

After downloading almost the entire discography... I decided it was time to *actually* buy a Sonata Arctica album. So I bought Winterheart's Guild. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

Pink Floyd- Animals
    Van Der Graaf Generator-Still life
    Yes- Relayer
    Genesis- Foxtrot
    Mahavishnu Orchestra- The Inner Mounting Flame, Birds Of Fire
    Return To Forever- Romantic Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
    Stone Temple Pilots - Core

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Antony and the Johnsons - Hope There's Someone

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Axel Rudi Pell - Black Moon Pyramid (1996)

It's pretty good, standard neo-classical shred fare. Like Malmsteen he overdoes the length of his albums a bit and the trick can become a bit jaded halfway through. Having said that though, he seems to have a better idea than Yngwie circa 1996 how to construct an interesting song so that's a plus point.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're thinking about getting any of Yngwie's post 1992 projects get this instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

will it be the new Live CD from Maiden or the new HIM album? Can't decide at the moment. One of my most favourite cds is "AC/DC / Back in Black" so I might be off searching for some old school heavy music. I really don't know. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ayreon - The Human Equation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Whoops, forgot to lock this.

Lads, we're having no more of these kind of postwhoring threads, so don't start a new one. If you genuinely want to tell someone about the new CD you just got, start a thread about it, give an opinion on it, ask others for their thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement