Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom equipment rental (old phones)

Options
  • 16-11-2004 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Looking over an eircom bill for a small business, I found an item - "Equipment rental" for 15 yo-yos a month. A new phone system was purchased outright two years ago, so I was fairly sure there wasn't any equipment rented. I called 1901 to query the item and after a frustrating several minutes trying to get through the automated menu, I finally got a warm body on the other end of the line.

After some inquiries and figuring out that the person on the other end basically hadn't a clue, we came to the conclusion that the setup prior to last year's upgrade included six old analogue handsets. Since we no longer need these, I asked her how to return them and get them removed from the bill. She removed them from the bill there and then and gave me an address (Eircom logistics) for return of the phones....

Now the problem is.... these phones have long since gone walkabout (small office, anything left unused for five minutes is fair game). Has anyone had experience of the situation or do they know if Eircom will really cross-check whether these worthless old phones will be actually returned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

I wouldn't worry about it, they've recouped the initial cost of the handsets about 100 times at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

trust me youve nothing to worry about eircom logistics is a black hole if you ever hear from anyone (which id be very supprised if you did) say you sent them through regular post.

Advertisement