Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your HL2 screenies here.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

purty aint it

shin

hl22004-11-1719-03-08-75.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i been feelin motion sickness on the level you drive the boat, apparantly a load of other people been getting this too. The game must look too realistic or something, but from reading other forums hundreds of people felt a bit nauseated playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

aye i got the same thing last night never happened to me before

bizmark wrote:
    aye i got the same thing last night never happened to me before

never happened me before either. I didnt know what was wrong but i felt a bit dizzy/nausy, so i turned it off, then read about it on IGN forums !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Yeah i got this too, I posted about it in the first impressions thread. Motion sickness is caused by the eyes taking in information which suggests that your body is in motion, but your balance sensor in your middle ear isn't getting the same readings, like when you are stationary in a car, but looking out the side windows. The conflicting signals induce nausea. So i guess it could be argued that it's a vote for the realism of the game, seeing as none of us have got it with other games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Could someone tell me how you upload those images to boards? I have a nice screeny that I'd like to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

here's my attempt of a screen shot.

i have a problem atm that i can only play in windowed mode so the goodies ain't turned on as much as i'd like.

d1_canals_070000.jpg

Khannie wrote:
    Could someone tell me how you upload those images to boards? I have a nice screeny that I'd like to post.

you need a server to host it on first of all. you dont upload them to boards. there are some free ones out there, dont know the names of them though
    once you have that done post the link here with image tags before and after the link

it will then show up in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I found an excellent resource that compares Doom 3, Far Cry, and Half Life 2 textures. Pretty fair tbh.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/TwinkeMasta-image_comparison.jpg

;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hl2-3.jpg
    one more... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Funny because it's true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Terminator wrote:
    I found an excellent resource that compares Doom 3, Far Cry, and Half Life 2 textures. Pretty fair tbh.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/TwinkeMasta-image_comparison.jpg

;)

Very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Omfg... omfg.... omfg... erm... omfg.... why... why santa... why do i have to be a poor student with absolutely no money with my grant not having come through yet and a paltry Geforce FX5200... WHY SANTA WHY?! *cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Just a few images from my travels thru City 17...

d1_canals_080000.jpg

d1_canals_01a0000.jpg

d3_c17_020002.jpg

d3_citadel_030002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think i speak the truth when i say that screen shots don't do the game justice, heck even the hi-res bink video don't do it justice this game is beyond amazing the graphics are eye-watering (they really are) and they make me feel a small bit sick after about 1-2 hours play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

holy crap i thought it was just me getting the weird nausea after playing the game. Phew..least know i know its not a tumor :rolleyes:

d1_canals_110000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I'd say the programmers at ID are feeling pretty sick too if they're playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Terminator wrote:
    I'd say the programmers at ID are feeling pretty sick too if they're playing it.

Yeah because like their game, it's short, boring and very repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Giblet wrote:
    Yeah because like their game, it's short, boring and very repetitive.

Theres always one... :rolleyes:

Actually, i didn't feel ill during the water hazard course but when on the bridge...i felt my head spinning and thought vertigo was setting in. :eek:

As for it being short, repetative and boring..... well, perhaps this isn't the thread for it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

L5 wrote:
    you need a server to host it on first of all. you dont upload them to boards.
    That's what I thought, but if you right click on any of the images, and select "view image", the URL is a boards one. That's why I got confused.

Example: http://members.boards.ie/cr3m0/d1_canals_070000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Terminator wrote:

I was one of the people that was of the understanding (based on early shots of both) that of the two, Doom3 had better gfx and HL2 possibly better gameplay.

Now that I have both, I can say without a doubt: D3 pales in comparison both GFX and gameplay wise, as the quality of the shots here and the comments suggest.

Matt

Khannie wrote:
    That's what I thought, but if you right click on any of the images, and select "view image", the URL is a boards one. That's why I got confused.

Example: http://members.boards.ie/cr3m0/d1_canals_070000.jpg

If you sign up for webspace at Boards you can upload your images to it and then link from there....

Matt Simis wrote:
    I was one of the people that was of the understanding (based on early shots of both) that of the two, Doom3 had better gfx and HL2 possibly better gameplay.

Now that I have both, I can say without a doubt: D3 pales in comparison both GFX and gameplay wise, as the quality of the shots here and the comments suggest.

Matt

I wouldn't say D3 pales in comparison but it is definitely outshone (Go Go Gadget Cliché!!!). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

d2_prison_050001.jpg
    d2_prison_050005.jpg
    d2_prison_060010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

5.bmp

4.bmp

3.bmp

2.bmp

hl22004-11-1813-29-39-78.bmp

this just gets better and better

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Playing Doom3 at the moment, just going thru the second or third sector of Delta Labs.

After getting over the initial shock of getting used to the scare tactics and amazing graphics (this is the first game I've played on my new pc, old system was a p2 with a 4mb ati graphics card ;)), it's really quite easy and almost dull....except I can't stop playing it....must...kill....everything on mars...:D

That said, will be getting HL2 soon. Have heard however, it needs to connect to the net to complete installation or some such...only got 56K so I hope it doesn't need to complete a whole lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

When I first played HL2 I did not go "wow omg best graphics ever"

I mean apart from the character models (and the water, okay, I DID spend ages just jumping around it in admiration) its very good, but not in your face wow. The physics are what got my attention (I let soldiers follow me for ages just so I could shoot them on the stairs and watch them roll down :D )

Doom 3 I think is much more impressive graphically when you first play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes you need to have a steam account.
    It will create one for you if you dont already have one.
    Also best of luck with your 56k as there has been many many updates toHL2,HL2DM,CSS etc since release date.
    Since your on 56k and maybe not concerned with online play with that connection speed,maybe you be better off not installing CSS and HL2 DM while installing HL2 therefore not having to update these games will speed up your updating process?
    HL2 is over rated as a game anyways,it starts off great but gets boring very quick.
    Unless your going to be playing HL2 mods online [which would be lag infested on your 56k i feel] i wouldnt bother m8.
    Best of luck,hope you get it sorted whatever you decide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement