Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how to get on the road

Options
  • 16-11-2004 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

ok picture the scene,

ferdi is standing there with his new honda 50....what does he need to do before he can take to the road?

i'm clueless about tax, insurance, test etc

what is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get on the road? i want to avoid riding one of those super loud scum-skooters thats why i'm thinking honda 50.

i'm one of those bastard cyclists, i still want to stick with 2 wheels for now, please help me get petrol powered by giving me some info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ferdi requires

A provisional driving licence

Tax for his vehicle

And above both of these....
    Insurance

Any more questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

hibernians auto quotation thing just quoted me over 6000euro for insurance on a vehical of 50cc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Seamus forgot to mention that Ferdi also needs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah **** this, it will cost me about 2 and a half grand to get on the road on a ****ty little moped, screw this country. its just another reason to emigrate, the list increases daily...canada here i come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

impr0v wrote:
    Seamus forgot to mention that Ferdi also needs...

Not to mention a Helmet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

and lessons and a test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea honda 50`s have so much more street cred than super scum loud scooters , MY ARSE.I had a honda 50 before my ped and i had some hassle with it , my scooter is way more reliable.
    you`ll have to do the theory test , get an eye test , 15e charge for the license , insurance be around 1500 id say , tax 37 , oh get a good lock and wet gear too.

Advertisement