Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY(Magie Eye vs Digisender vs Multiroom!)

• 16-11-2004 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

We have the normal grundig digibox,downstairs.

I have just found a cheaper alternative to multiroom.
    The magic eye,or digisender.

QUESTIONS:magic eye
    1.How much coaxial wiring do i need,to run from sitting room,to upstairs bedroom.Is it readily available?.

2.The video on the tv downstairs is NOT RGB!,but my television in the bedroom is RGB,will this result in better picture quality,using the magic eye,for my bedroom?

3.The remote can be controlled at each tv,to change channels.Now..Can the sky digibox be on downstairs,but the television off/standby.Will the tv upstairs still have a signal,and display?.(It saves leaving a television on,in the early morning,downstairs..before switching off).

The digisender seems to be an ok option...Without all that wiring.
    But,you cannot control the channels,from upstairs anymore.Only from downstairs..
    QUESTION:digisender
    Is there no use then,to buy a digisender?,if you cannot change channels,at night time,from a bedroom?

MULTIROOM:
    1.can you buy a secondhand digibox,and avoid paying the 159 euro,to sky?...they will then install for free????.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

butch9850 wrote:
    The digisender seems to be an ok option...Without all that wiring.
    But,you cannot control the channels,from upstairs anymore.Only from downstairs..
    QUESTION:digisender
    Is there no use then,to buy a digisender?,if you cannot change channels,at night time,from a bedroom?

Eh, what?
    I can change channels just fine from the bedroom with my Digisender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

My magic eye somehow seems to be picking up the channel changes from my neighbour.

It seems to be just changing on its own although there dosent seem to be any obious activity (lights flashing etc) on the magic eye itself. It cant be just a line of sight from my neighbours remote as I am not overlooked by anyone else.

I understand it is infra red operated only.

(they seem to be obsessed with naked news!!!! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

Ya i heard about magic eye interruption

Advertisement