Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths???

Options
  • 16-11-2004 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I have just moved to a new school for my Leaving Cert, and they are offering Applied maths...
    I am not sure of the difference between this and the LCVP.
    Does it give you extra points as I am not doing Irish, so I need as many bonus points as I can get :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Applied Maths is a standard Leaving Cert option subject like Physics, Biology, Accounting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

applied maths basically explores the mathematical parts of physics. it is an unusual subject not taken by many students.
    if you are very good at maths and also like physics, it can be a handy subject for points but otherwise do not go near it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Well, I need points, but I just found out that I have to pay €160 per year (i.e. €320) and stay behind!

I think I'll stick with LCVP.

Advertisement