Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Physical pain-worst?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 visualphotoarts

Yap

Agreed I was once kicked in the nuts by a friend of mine playfighting when I was about 14 target bang on - I was curled up for about 5 minutes immovable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Yap

Agreed I was once kicked in the nuts by a friend of mine playfighting when I was about 14 target bang on - I was curled up for about 5 minutes immovable
    I got such a hard kick once, I passed out. Still think ongoing pain has to win here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was 5 I fell into a rose bush. It hurt so much. Damn flowers, knew they were evil *glowers at the flowers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I have a pretty unusual attitude to pain in general, I tend to see the humour behind it more than most people. I tend to do things like snapping rubber bands onto my forearms for a laugh. This is the worst pain I have ever consented to:

As a birthday present for a friend, I once stood with my legs astride and told him to kick me. His aim sucked for the first three (maybe it was his conscience acting subliminally?) and caught my thigh and were thus no big deal. The fouth one was brutal, but I got up from it. I then decided that I could take one more. I had mates holding my arms out on either side so that I would be unable to block the shot. One of them distracted me for a second, and when I looked back, the foot was heading there FAST.

It was half an hour before I could walk again. Crazy as this may sound, I don't regret it though. Pain goes away long before the memories do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

turning too sharply on a bike... i was turning left, flew off the bike, smacked right side of my head off a lamp post, that swung me around and i landed on the left side of my chest... got up laughin, next day however, i didn't find it so funny, i could just barely walk, or do anythin else for that matter, i think i broke a rib, but in my family you don't go to the doc unless you're on the verge of death..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

My above story wasn't the worst I've had. When I was four years old, the kitchen door slammed on my little finger due to the front door and the back door being open durng a gale. I didn't laugh at that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wacker wrote:
    As a birthday present for a friend, I once stood with my legs astride and told him to kick me. His aim sucked for the first three (maybe it was his conscience acting subliminally?) and caught my thigh and were thus no big deal. The fouth one was brutal, but I got up from it. I then decided that I could take one more. I had mates holding my arms out on either side so that I would be unable to block the shot. One of them distracted me for a second, and when I looked back, the foot was heading there FAST.
    Give this man a Darwin Award. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm going to do a top 12 of my own....

12) Falling and becoming impaled on a gate (age 14)
    11) Stomach ulcers (initially at age 10)
    10) Having nose broken with a golf club (in an economics lecture at UCD) (1996) (interesting story over a pint sometime- next Saturday sounds good....)
    9) Having arm drained (septecemia) (at age 7)
    8) Multiple spiral fractures of tibia and fibulas (my feet were turned fully 180 degrees)- (age 20) (accident involving a hydraulic hoist at the back of a delivery lorry)
    7) Having a garden fork thrust through my welly and my foot (age 16) (thats the last time I help with the vegetables
    6) Having my arm driven over (by a Volkswagen beetle) (age 17) (I fell out the door of the moving car)
    5) Crumbling wisdom teeth (age 23)
    4) Nose broken by a fire door in work (age 26)
    3) Loosing finger nails on 4 fingers when a sibling slammed the door shut (age 14) (my thumbnail on my left hand still randomly becomes detached at below cuticle level and peels upwards....arrgghhhh)
    2) Heartache when I was dumped by a cruel cruel girl who unfortunately I still love to bits.
    1) Having emergency removal of intestine when it became blocked (4 occasions at ages 20,24,26,29)

Miscellaneous other bits and pieces (broken collar bone from a snowball that had a rock in it (age 10), broken arm from a bicycle race that ended a little abruptly, oh yes- as a kid (age 2) fell off a coffee table and bit my tongue off (it reattached fine). Recurring malaria for about 4 months in Kenya- went down to 5 stone in weight.

Apart from that, life is pretty ok and relatively uneventful- loads of weird and mysterious scars to boast of....... Only been brought to hospital by ambulance once, and long may it stay that way......

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Err Shane, you can't count...top 10, not top 11 ;) You sound like a hard act to beat on the pain list. One of my worst pains was finding out that my then fiance was cheating on me with his adoption councelor. In terms of physical pain cramp in the arch of your foot is really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The worst pain? well I was about 17 at the time and was fixing an old chair. Anyway I flipped the chair upside down the wooden seat which was not fixed to the chair came flying off it and landed right on my big toe, I was in agony for about half an hour. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I once got kicked in the nuts and pissed blood (when i went to the toilet not on myself as soon as i was kicked)

It wasn't so much painful, it was more like 'omg wtf?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

poked in me eye... thats hurt.... :eek: and that heartache... mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I've a few>
    Nerve damage in my feet setting off full pain sense at random moments. FUN from surgery past. Having a screw holding the tendons onto the bone sucks more balls that I would have expected.
    When I was younger I fell off my bike onto the metal thing that keeps the gate from swinnging outwards, went inside, leaned on the table on the arm *SNAP* that hurt like a bitch til I passed out.
    Urinary tract infection. Fearing, dreading the bathroom, which made me need to piss more, I can only imagine what that poor fecker with the kidney stone went through!
    Having my nipples pierced 3 times, very sore but quick, except the one that didn't go throught right, and went through the wrong place (thank you snakebite)
    Having my scrotum pierced, not as sore but very scary (anyone with a prince albert is INSANE)
    Breaking 3 fingers, my fore arm, my upper arm, collar bone, ribs and shoulder blade all at once and falling on the ground on top of it.
    Gettting caught on my bike, landing on the cross bar and going about 20 feet down a VERY rocky trail up in Three Rock.
    Doctor cocking removing a badly infected ingrown toenail. Did it myself at home with a compass and some iodine. Seroiusly stupid idea, but it worked :o)
    Doctor putting acid on a verruca, allergic reaction, it swelled up like a tennis ball and split open, very thick swelling (not like a very thin blister for example) and I could see something out of a horror movie under it, walking was a horrible experience, I don't have words for the pain of it. Fibres from socks getting into it all the time, trying to get them out was FUNNNN!

Getting whipped in the bare nuts with a wet TShirt. This was appaling. Felt sick for ages after. Apparently it was hilarious! Thanks love! :P Oh man is there anything than nut pain?

And so on and so on. Sigh, I need to be more careful/less stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I lost a HUGE filling from a tooth last year (there was more filling than tooth). Like an idiot I ignored it until it went nicely septic. That was pain that woke me up and kept me awake, throb throb throb for hour after hour.

The extraction was messy, the tooth broke up as it was being pulled and the remaining stump had to be cut up to get it out. Still that was a day at the beach compared to the pain I had been in for a few days prior to that.

Advertisement