Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Picking creative speakers

Options
  • 17-11-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi, firstly ive gotten vouchers for creative so its gona have to be creative that i go for so dont ruin my happyness of having a nice set of speakers by telling me what better non creative ones there are out there haha.

Right this would just be for a pc, playing mp3's etc just want a good system, im not big into gaming r anything like that just music all types.

But then again might bring them to my front room and put them as surround sound system, would any of the below be good enough for that or would i be looking at the GigaWorks S750 which are outa my price range if its just for pc speakers but not for home cinema

Ive limited down my search to these 3(kinda 4) different types

Creative® Inspire™ TD7700 - €289.90
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=113&product=9593

Creative® Inspire™ T7700 - €149.89
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=113&product=5076

right the difference between these is the decoder r something, im guessing that JUST takes in like dvd player, hifi, pc etc and plays them to the speaker, does it make any difference to the sound? like if im using it for my pc ill only have one input or if im using it for dvd system ill only have one input (not enough time to set everything up proper haha) so would the decoder be a waste of money?

Cambridge SoundWorks® MegaWorks™ THX® 5.1 550 - €349.90
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=240

stupid amount of watts :) but no decoder and i think it has a wired remote

Creative® Inspire™ GD580 - €199.90 (€84.91 without decoder)
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=9137

I have a audigy platinum EX if that helps the choice, like to me a 500(burst) watt system(mega works) sounds alot better then a 100ish watt system(inspire's) but thats why im here cause, cause i havn't a notion and youse are the experts. All of the above are in my price range.

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I have the Trigue 3300's and the Travelsound 200's although I know they are not in the league of what you are looking at but I will say I really like Creative products and the speakers are great!!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

If you want the speakers to use them in a home cinema role then the 550 or the 750 would be the way to go although you would also need to purchase the decoder being the DDTS100 at about €150. The decoder will allow you connect multiple AV items to the speakers for surround sound, eg. DVD, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Video, TV as well as the PC. Haven't heard either of them myself but from the various online reviews they are very good albeit a wee bit expensive.

I had rang Creative in relation to purchasing the S750 and they were willing to give a 10% discount off the price available on their website.

From the reviews the 550's are nearly as good as the 750's other than you get 5 speakers versus 7 speakers and the 750's have been 'improved' to give better sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

so the decoder just is kinda like a splitter? so 6-7 things can use the speakers, it does nothing to the sound?

if i got the 550 and the decoder that would be the best im guessing

oh just notice first thread i posted under my brothers name, just encase people were confused :)

Advertisement