Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline - TippFM Radio Wed 17th Nov

Options
  • 17-11-2004 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

IrelandOffline due to be interviewed on TippFM Radio about Broadband tomorrow morning around 10:45.

Streaming audio available here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Nice one, will tune in to that. I hate the station with a passion but will be interested in listening to it. Thanks DonegalMan.

Wonder is their slot is after the cattle mart prices or before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

excellent stuff, my local radio station too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Just checking some stuff for interview.

Cahir was supposed to be enabled in August but doesn't seem to have been.

Anyone know anything about it?

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

TBH Martin the schedule for ADSL was 'By March 2005' and is largely complete. Congrats to Gombín and the crew there ....not least for keeping us informed . Cahir had 2700 people in 2002 and should have BB all right

Here is a list of Tipp towns that will probably NEVER have BB as things currently stand , (pop sub 1500 in 2002 census, stats in Volume 1 ) . The following have over 1000

Fethard had 1388 and missed out by 112 people.
    Ballina (near the shannon) 1200

Every other town without BB in Tipp has under 1000 people in the exchange area .

M

Just used the Eircom line checker for the number for Tipperary Co. Council's Local Area Office in Cahir and getting a failure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Good old Bog FM. Find it hard to believe actually, that they know what a 'broadband' is. Didnt realise that Fethard was that close to the limit. Better tell them to breed like crazy next time im home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Well done martin. Thats Highland Radio, The Bray People and now Tippfm.
    Plenty of other local media sources to spread the word to!

<EDIT> I do have a 3MB recording of the interview and can up it somewhere if needed. Although i would prefer to leave it to someone with a proper connection to up it if they have it<EDIT>

Eurorunner wrote:
    Well done martin. Thats Highland Radio, The Bray People and now Tippfm.
    Plenty of other local media sources to spread the word to!

<EDIT> I do have a 3MB recording of the interview and can up it somewhere if needed. Although i would prefer to leave it to someone with a proper connection to up it if they have it<EDIT>
    Thx eurorunner - I will upload it shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

IrelandOffline would like to formally thank Eurorunner for all his help with this. It was his hard work contacting local radio stations and papers that got us this opportunity to educate the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Indeed, many thanks to eurorunner for all the effort.

• Advertisement

Interview available for download:

Windows Media (1.1 mb)

mp3 File (1.3 mb)

Interview is 7:30 mins long

Martin

BogFM they may be, but it looks like they are progressive and enlightened enough to give the topic airtime. AFAIK they are only the second local radio station to discuss the subject.
    As you can see here , there are plenty of them - all with a early or mid-morning talk show. Surely the subject is of relevance to everyone at this stage.

Same goes for local papers...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

I talked with the producer of East Coast FM's morning show and his reaction was that Broadband was not an issue for most people and they had no interest in covering it.

I intend to go back to him again when it has a higher profile in Wicklow and see if they will cover it, but at the moment its a no go. :(

M.

I talked with the producer of East Coast FM's morning show and his reaction was that Broadband was not an issue for most people and they had no interest in covering it.
    :rolleyes:
    Well, the Bray People felt that it was an issue (following your prompting Mr_Man, AFAIR) - and they serve the same community.

Advertisement