Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadrunner Is Screwing Me... Help?

• 17-11-2004 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Three days ago all of a sudden my home's cable broadband connection was been very very slow. It is pretty much un-useable. Today I called them and the next avaialbe apointment is in a week and a half because they need to send a "special" tech support guy to fix slow connections.

I'm a fairly experienced computer user and feel like I could probably fix it myself if I had a guide to follow. Does anyone know of a troubleshooting guide I could look through for a slow cable broadband connection? Maybe someone could tell me a few things I could try that might fix it?

Here is a little more detail: web pages load in about 2 minutes. Game sites like partypoker and xbox live connect but run to slow to use. When I run tracert www.google.com in the command prompt about half of the packets are dropped (*). It is clear that a lot of packets are being lost. All of these tests are not done through a router, but from a cable directly connected to the modem. The modem has 4 constant green lights and a flashing orange (PC Activity) light at all times.

I'd really love to get my internet back without having to wait a week and a half. Any advice or help would be greatly apreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The nearest Roadunner cable service is about 3000 Miles away from me in North America . Try posting on Boards.com :)

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Muck wrote:
    The nearest Roadunner cable service is about 3000 Miles away from me in North America . Try posting on Boards.com :)

M

Actually, its http://www.boards.us :)

Advertisement